PDA

View Full Version : B/W digital printing in San Francisco Bay Area

Lars Åke Vinberg
18-May-2005, 18:15
Hi guys,

I need to have a few 16x20" B/W digital prints made, am hoping for a recommendation in or south of San Francisco.

(Technically I am still "on the road" so I prefer not to buy a wide format printer at this time.)

/Lars

Jon Shiu
18-May-2005, 20:16
Lars,
www.colorfolio.com (http://www.colorfolio.com) is good., but is an hour north of San Francisco.

Jon

John Flavell
18-May-2005, 22:11
I've used Color Folio all the way from Kentucky and they're very good. Easy to work with. They understand the language of photographers.

Jack Mantelles
18-May-2005, 23:28
Hi Lars,

Definitely call Eric, he is a master inkjet monochrome printer, I recently saw his work from Ankor Wat, Cambodia, all large prints, all mono-chromatic inkjet prints, and each and everyone a fabulous work of art. He offers his services to other photographers, he works at calumet in San Francisco, 415-643-9275.
Tell him Jack says hello. Eric is a also a great resource to work with as he totally understands the injet process and is a most valuable resource as well.

Nitish Kanabar
19-May-2005, 11:18
Try calypsoinc.com in Santa Clara, about an hour south of San Francisco.

Zaid
7-Dec-2005, 00:53
One of the best B&W labs in California is Imagexperts ( www.imagexperts.com ). Most serious B&W shooters use them and have good things to say about them. By the way the late Helmut Newton used them exclusively when he was in LA.