PDA

View Full Version : Heliopan Center Filter 95/105 vs 95/112

lightreaver
12-Dec-2016, 13:39
Hello everyone,

I have found an Heliopan center filter ND 0.45 with a 95/105 internal/external thread size, which should match my Schneider SA 72mm XL.
When searching for more details on the internet however, I was not able to find much about it. I found instead a 95/112 on BH site (discontinued), the exact name being Heliopan 95mm ND 0.45 SH-PMC Center Filter.

Would anyone know the exact differences between the two versions?
Would the 95/105 induce vignetting when shifting the lens?
Which one would be more recommended for the 72?

I guess the Schneider IVb would be better than both but it seems almost impossible to find one in europe...

Cheers

Bob Salomon
12-Dec-2016, 13:55
Why not go to Heliopan.de and ask them?

lightreaver
12-Dec-2016, 14:00
Why not go to Heliopan.de and ask them?

Thanks Bob, but I actually never stumbled upon their site during my search... didn't even have the idea of asking them :)
But indeed worth trying, will do and keep you updated.

Any user feedback would be still useful in any case.

Corran
12-Dec-2016, 17:01
I guess the Schneider IVb would be better than both but it seems almost impossible to find one in europe...

The one I bought was from someone on this forum, from Europe, so they may show up (or watch eBay and just have it shipped from wherever). I would think the proper Schneider model would be your best bet if you want the best match.

lightreaver
13-Dec-2016, 03:36
I got a quick answer from Heliopan but not much feedback on my questions apart that optically they would probably be the same:
"Center-filters are no longer available.
The difference is the outside front screw 112x1 is wider than 105x1."

Affer a bit more searching however I found a forum comment from a user stating the 95/105 to be unthreaded on the front, slimmer than Schneider's, and that it worked well for him on the 72 with movements.

I have ordered it anyway, will be testing it soon.

Bob Salomon
13-Dec-2016, 07:03
I got a quick answer from Heliopan but not much feedback on my questions apart that optically they would probably be the same:
"Center-filters are no longer available.
The difference is the outside front screw 112x1 is wider than 105x1."

Affer a bit more searching however I found a forum comment from a user stating the 95/105 to be unthreaded on the front, slimmer than Schneider's, and that it worked well for him on the 72 with movements.

I have ordered it anyway, will be testing it soon.
I don't remember it being unthreaded in the front.

lightreaver
18-Dec-2016, 11:03
Bob you're right, I confirm the filter is indeed threaded on the front. My 105mm holder adapter fits perfectly on it.
I need yet to try it mounted on camera to check if there is vignetting, will be doing it soon.