PDA

View Full Version : Wood field camera back interchangeability

xkaes
8-Dec-2016, 10:24
I have a couple of Toko 4x5 wood field cameras. Toko supposedly made a 4x5 to 5x7 adapter for the back, but I've never seen one, nor a listing in the limited sales material. However, several other makers of wood field cameras, such as Wista and Tachihara have made 4x5 to 5x7 adapters -- as well as other back adapters -- that look interesting. The backs of these cameras look similar to mine, but I would need to have a way of determining if the back is exactly the same as mine. Anyone have any ideas? I can measure mine, but getting measurements for other backs would be difficult.

domaz
8-Dec-2016, 10:45
I have purchased an 8x10 back to replace the non-standard 8x10 back that my old Empire State uses. In that case the seller was a member here and gave me the measurements I needed. It did take a while to find it but it fit fine. In the worst case you may have to use a router to increase the size of the rebate area, but in general the backs seem fairly interchangeable. After you get the back to fit it's usually just a matter of moving the retaining pins around, which is fairly simple.