PDA

View Full Version : Lens board fasteners

brucep
30-Nov-2016, 06:46
Can anyone tell me if the metal strips that hold the lens board in place on a Kodak 2d for example have s proper name?
Thanks
Bruce

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

faberryman
30-Nov-2016, 06:52
I believe the technical term is "doohickey":

doo·hick·ey (ˈdo͞oˌhikē/)
noun North American informal
noun: doohickey; plural noun: doohickeys
a small object or gadget, especially one whose name the speaker does not know or cannot recall.

tonyowen
30-Nov-2016, 07:07
Keeping up the educational trend
Try also a "thingy" or a "wotnot"

regards
Tony

Dan Fromm
30-Nov-2016, 07:18
slider, retainer

tonyowen
30-Nov-2016, 09:14
Try also

Being serious - the manuals I have access to, do not specifically identify it, but from various sources I've found the following descriptions:
flange, clip, bracket, lens board latch
regards
Tony

Len Middleton
30-Nov-2016, 10:46
If the intent is good communication with someone knowledgeable of LF camera, if you precede the noun with "lensboard retaining", that would reduce some of the ambiguity, particularly as it can vary by camera.

My Technika uses a lensboard retaining clip at the top, while my Deardorff uses a fixed metal lensboard retaining strip at the top, combined with a sliding lensboard retaining strip at the bottom.

Anyone knowing those two cameras would know exactly what I was referring to, while anyone without that knowledge might not be able to visualise it.

I guess the question is: why do you want to know?

David Lobato
30-Nov-2016, 11:03
I have wondered about that too. I call it a lens board retainer on my wooden LF cameras. I installed one on an old Conley to get it working again.

brucep
1-Dec-2016, 10:09
I need a nickel set for a restoration and don't know what to search for.
Bruce

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Len Middleton
1-Dec-2016, 11:21
Bruce

OK, first options I can think of are might be to list your WTB here, or get someone to fabricate one for you e.g. Richard Ritter

Good luck in your search.

brucep
1-Dec-2016, 14:25
OK, first options I can think of are might be to list your WTB here, or get someone to fabricate one for you e.g. Richard Ritter

Good luck in your search.

I saw them on the auction site some time ago, from Hong Kong if I remember correctly but don't know what to search for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Len Middleton
1-Dec-2016, 14:29
Another source for smaller ones would be lens adaptor boards, as some obscure or unpopular ones can go cheap.

The eBay Deardorff vendor sometimes had them listed too.

Jac@stafford.net
1-Dec-2016, 14:36

For what camera, please? If I have them, I'll look forward to a want-to-buy post from you.
Thanks to Len for the nudge.

brucep
3-Dec-2016, 11:49
For what camera, please? If I have them, I'll look forward to a want-to-buy post from you.
Thanks to Len for the nudge.

WTB post created for nickel plated lens board retaining strips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk