PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 Ansco questions

Maddie
28-Nov-2016, 11:35
First question: (yes, I feel silly asking, but) How would one go about opening up the rear bellows? +158024

Louis Pacilla
28-Nov-2016, 11:54
Hi Maddie & Welcome!

First off, it's the front bellows which are not open on your Agfa studio camera if the posted photo is of your camera.

The two silver/nickel knobs on the side of the rail at rare of camera rail. loosen the knobs and pull the inner rail outward and that will bring the front set of bellows out depending on how far out the inner rail is pulled out. In other words the front bellows are pulled out through extending the rare inner camera rail. Then tighten the knobs on each side to tighten the camera up.

Oh yea, one cool thing the Agfa/Ansco Studio camera & stand can do is you can slide the camera forward on the stand as the inner rail is sized so it can fit between the stand camera stop the camera can slide up forward on the stand this was so your stand and rare camera controls are w/ in reach from one position.
My Agfa/Ansco set shows how this can be done in photo attached.

Hope this helps and ask if you have any other questions.

Maddie
28-Nov-2016, 17:47
Thank you. I did not try those knobs. I won't be in front of the camera for a few days but will give it a whirl then. Thank you for clarifying what is the front and what is the back.