PDA

View Full Version : Adapter to mount Toyo VX125 bellow on Sinar F2

celtic9
19-Nov-2016, 15:38
Hello everyone,

looking for a quite specific adapter. My google searches has proven unsuccessful, and I'm starting to believe that such adapter doesn't exist at all. Here's what I'm looking for:

- on one side, the adapter has the dimensions/form to fit a Sinar F2 standard (around 138mm)
- on the other side, the adapter of taking a Toyo VX125 bellow (158mm if I'm not mistaken)

Here's a quick diagram of the adapter (highlighted yellow) that I'm looking for.

Maybe one of you has a lead or another idea on how to make this work.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!!

Bob Salomon
19-Nov-2016, 15:49
I doubt that either Sinar or Toyo ever had any reason to make this item. Contact Grimes and see if they can make one for you. The other way to do this is to have Grimes modify an auxialliary standard to fit your rail. Accept a Sinar bellows on one side and a Toyo on the other.
But truthfully it is probably cheaper to use the bellows and standards made for your camera.

Dan Fromm
19-Nov-2016, 16:19
Tell us about the project that requires this.

You'll need two adapters, one for each standard. Re Bob's suggestion of asking Grimes for a quotations, by all means do so. They'll propose attaching the Toyo bellows to a plate to a spacer to a modified Sinar board or to a Sinar bellows frame.

I've had them make a similar device. And I've just taken a quick look at offers on eBay. Short answer, just buy a Sinar bellows. It will cost less and not reduce the camera's minimum extension.

Oren Grad
19-Nov-2016, 16:32
Tell us about the project that requires this.

+1

The VX-125 bellows is made of urethane and is claimed to be unusually flexible even with substantial compression as in wide-angle work. Is that what you're trying to achieve?

celtic9
19-Nov-2016, 17:37
Thanks for the quick replies, everyone!

I have both cameras and was thinking about taking my favourite parts from each of them (the Sinar F2 standards and the Toyo VX125 bellow) and combining them into a single camera.

Just came across this adapter, intended to mount a Sinar Shutter on a Toyo camera ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Technical-TOYO-VIEW-158mm-Converting-Sinar-Shutter-adapter-Regular-Install-/262725305348?hash=item3d2ba60404:g:Sb0AAOSwB09YI8Vb ... it looks like one end could be mounted on a Sinar camera, while the other, larger end is intended to be mounted on a Toyo. If I'm not completely mistaken, all I would have to do is find a way to securely connect/mount the Toyo bellow on the Toyo end of the adapter ... and of course, I would need two of them.

celtic9
19-Nov-2016, 17:54
Just came across this adapter, intended to mount a Sinar Shutter on a Toyo camera ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Technical-TOYO-VIEW-158mm-Converting-Sinar-Shutter-adapter-Regular-Install-/262725305348?hash=item3d2ba60404:g:Sb0AAOSwB09YI8Vb ... it looks like one end could be mounted on a Sinar camera, while the other, larger end is intended to be mounted on a Toyo. If I'm not completely mistaken, all I would have to do is find a way to securely connect/mount the Toyo bellow on the Toyo end of the adapter ... and of course, I would need two of them.

note to myself: that's rubbish of course, since the Toyo end is supposed to go onto a Toyo standard, and not function as a Toyo standard itself. Guess I'll have to stick with the regular and wideangle bellow for the sinar then.

again, thanks everyone for chiming in!

Jeff Keller
19-Nov-2016, 23:14
Sinar made a "double pillow" wide angle bellows that someone on the list said works better than the common wide angle bellows. I saw one on ebay awhile back. That might allow more movement than the VX125 bellows.