PDA

View Full Version : New Shutter for 7" Verito Lens

Scott Rosenberg
12-May-2005, 01:33
good day...

does anyone know which shutters a 7" Wollensak Verito in No. 1 Studio Shutter can be directly transplanted into?

thanks,
scott

Renee Galang
12-May-2005, 02:50
Copal #3 but you need an adopter which has to be custom made for you. I've got one made for me and it works nicely. I love this lens and it s focal lenght is doubled when you unsrew the from section.

Scott Rosenberg
12-May-2005, 03:03
hi renee... i was hoping that the lens would just drop into some shutter without the need for an expensive mount job... possibly an older rapax or alphax??

Brian Ellis
13-May-2005, 05:23
The S.K. Grimes web site has a lot of information about which lenses wil accept which shutters. They also could tell you which would fit your lens if your lens isn't included in their chart, also the cost. FWIW (probably not much, I've never added a shutter to an existing lens) it's my understanding that you should have a pro mount a lens in a shutter, that it isn't a good idea to just drop a lens into a shutter.

jnantz
13-May-2005, 05:36
hi scott

some of the veritos were put in betax shutters and sold that way by wollensak.
on cameraeccentric, there is a 9" verito in what looks to be a "regular" shtter ( OEM)
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/sale/verito9.html

maybe you can find something similar ?

- john

wfwhitaker
13-May-2005, 11:33
Scott,

Without seeing the actual lens in question, it's really impossible to say what would be the best shutter to use for your lens. I have one lens in a Studio #1 shutter (not a Verito). The shutter itself has outside threads and there's a barrel extension front and rear into which the elements fit. The thread on the elements has a major diameter of 1.790 inches and will screw directly into an old Compur shutter I have. But the cells are then spaced too close together without the barrel extensions.

Unfortunately if you want it done right, you're going to have to send it to Grimes or the like and pay the money. But having that lens in a modern sync shutter capable of [reasonably] fast speeds is a nice thing to have. It would probably be worth doing. To my knowledge the 8 1/4" Verito will mount directly into an Ilex #4 shutter. That's what I did with mine and it's worked very well for me.