PDA

View Full Version : Jobo CPP2 motor is not turning on. How to repair?

mynewromantica
9-Nov-2016, 09:19
I have a Jobo CPP2 that has a motor that does not turn on.
It heats, the pump works, but struggles. I think I needs to be cleaned. But the motor does not do anything.

How should I go about troubleshooting the issue?
Is there a place to find parts if necessary?
Is there a repair manual available for this model?

koraks
9-Nov-2016, 09:54
I'd start with measuring here and there with a multimeter and also hook up the motor to an external power source to see if it runs. Then take it from there.

Jim Andrada
9-Nov-2016, 17:51
Not sure if it's related but I had a similar problem a couple of years back - there's a very small button that resets the internal breaker. Omar at Catlabs of JP might have an idea.

vinny
9-Nov-2016, 18:15
GOOD LUCK.
I'm having issues with on of mine as well.

docw
9-Nov-2016, 21:24
Omer Hecht at CatLabs is the most knowledgeable guy I know. He just walked me through some serious problems with my ATL-3. Were it not for him, it would now be in the dumpster. He is worth his weight in gold.

http://www.catlabs.info/

Duolab123
9-Nov-2016, 22:47
Omer Hecht at CatLabs is the most knowledgeable guy I know. He just walked me through some serious problems with my ATL-3. Were it not for him, it would now be in the dumpster. He is worth his weight in gold.

http://www.catlabs.info/

Omer helped me as well, he's Jobo USA authorized repair. Very willing to help.

brouwerkent
10-Nov-2016, 09:33
Dave Smith of Electromechanical Services in LA, CA. Dave is a wonderful Jobo trained repairman.

jkorpi
16-Apr-2019, 11:39
I am curious if you found a solution to your motor problem. I am having the same issue with my Jobo CPP2. Everything works but the motor.
Curiously,
Jim

mikey1two
24-Apr-2019, 20:11
Jim, if you are having the same problem that I have on one of my cpp2.
In my case, the switch under my motor speed knob had broke. When I purchased it, the motor worked great at all speeds, but would not shut off. Your motor switch might just be broken in the off position. Listen carefully for that click when you turn it on. I’ve since removed the broken switch and am sourcing a relplacement.
Hope this helps
Mikey

pbnjimage
10-Dec-2019, 18:57
Jim, if you are having the same problem that I have on one of my cpp2.
In my case, the switch under my motor speed knob had broke. When I purchased it, the motor worked great at all speeds, but would not shut off. Your motor switch might just be broken in the off position. Listen carefully for that click when you turn it on. I’ve since removed the broken switch and am sourcing a relplacement.
Hope this helps
Mikey

Did you find the correct part I have on that is in need of this part.

jay

Duolab123
11-Dec-2019, 19:58
I still have a working CPP2 but it's 30 years old so I splurged and bought a CPP3 from CatLABS. Give them a call if there's a motor still available or the unit can be repaired Omer Hecht is Jobo's USA service person. Problem is some of the parts haven't been made for 15 years. Supposedly you can use a motor someone sells on Ebay, buyer beware. The new machine is amazing, the motor is very strong.

Dugan
11-Dec-2019, 20:51
Do those motors have start or run capacitors?

Duolab123
11-Dec-2019, 21:26

jay

Several years back I bought a speed control switch from CatLABS. The original parts are no longer available, the part CatLABS supplied me works fine but took a bit of adapting to fit. Call Catlabs see what's available. You can probably send them just the power head without the big trough, be prepared for it being more than one thing that needs fixing.

Duolab123
11-Dec-2019, 21:32

I don't think so. The original motors were German made motors, allegedly windshield wiper motors. These are fitted to a transmission. The newest machines are totally new upgraded everything, motors, dual lift gears everything.

ic-racer
11-Dec-2019, 22:54

I'm pretty sure they are DC. But, the DC power supply could be ever more so a problem than start capacitors. I'm a little tempted to get the new machine like Duolab123, but my CPP2 still runs and looks like new after 19 years.

jkorpi
12-Dec-2019, 07:32

jay

Jay,
Did you check with CatLabs? From what I hear, they can get something like this.
Cheers,
Jim