PDA

View Full Version : 11X14 Kodak Tri-X

angusparker
26-Oct-2016, 14:55
Just a heads up the Keith Canham is only 15 boxes away from being about to make a special order for 11x14 Tri-X. Cost per box is $225. If you are interested you can fill out a form here:

http://www.canhamcameras.com/how%20to%20order%20film.html

MAubrey
26-Oct-2016, 15:05
How many sheets are in a box?

Tin Can
26-Oct-2016, 15:36
10 sheets

MAubrey
26-Oct-2016, 16:34
Thought so, thanks!

angusparker
26-Oct-2016, 19:53
10 sheets

Correct. Now down to 13 boxes needed to complete the order.

Mark Sampson
27-Oct-2016, 10:05
Hmm. $23 per exposure. I have exposed a few acres' worth of Tri-X in my life but now I'm glad to have stayed with 4x5. Hope the threshold is reached- folks at my former employer, and in my hometown, can use the income. And those of us shooting 11x14 need choices in film.

John Layton
2-Nov-2016, 04:21
Hmmm...still have six boxes of the '88 - which was as of five years ago (time of last exposure) displaying its vintage-worthiness with a perfect amount of base fog for what I was shooting at that time. Heck...this is like a good bottle of wine here, right? Probably worth a fortune now! Then again...even a great wine can turn to vinegar - so I guess I'd better go pop the cork on another box and see for myself!

Michael Kadillak
2-Nov-2016, 07:18
Just bought 25 sheet boxes of FP4 for near that price and quite honestly using the correct development technique, I am exceptionally pleased at the tonality of the prints. I have been a die hard Kodak guy for years, but the tight relationship between costs and the amount of film in a box is a very personal decision that even if I could afford it, sends a message to the manufacturer about what works or does not work.

angusparker
2-Nov-2016, 07:54
Just bought 25 sheet boxes of FP4 for near that price and quite honestly using the correct development technique, I am exceptionally pleased at the tonality of the prints. I have been a die hard Kodak guy for years, but the tight relationship between costs and the amount of film in a box is a very personal decision that even if I could afford it, sends a message to the manufacturer about what works or does not work.

True and if you want more speed HP5 is available as a standard order....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou Baleur
17-Nov-2016, 08:47
Here's something related to this order--it looks to be a local offer only--it says nothing about shipping.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pho/5880092488.html