PDA

View Full Version : Burke and James View Camera - determining size

DPIEROTTI
21-Oct-2016, 20:15
I have a Burke and James View Camera. It has one plate. How do I determine the format size? Thanks so much for any guidance!!

Leszek Vogt
21-Oct-2016, 21:44
Just measure the ground glass and that should give you close to the size....more than likely it will be 4x5....or 5x4 elsewhere.

Les

DPIEROTTI
21-Oct-2016, 22:37
Thanks so much! I thought that was correct but couldn't find anything that confirmed it. Thanks again! Have a great night!

donkee
23-Oct-2016, 07:37
I have the same camera. Not the greatest but it does a good job and I like it. Mine has a property sticker from the NY State Police. I wonder if any famous criminal had their mugshot taken with it.

Willie
23-Oct-2016, 15:59
Have seen a few of the B&J stripped and refinished and the wood under the old gray paint can be beautiful.

Greg
23-Oct-2016, 16:52
Have seen a few of the B&J stripped and refinished and the wood under the old gray paint can be beautiful.

Agree 100%. Stripped one and refinished it and it looked absolutely GREAT! Remember the wood back then was a whole lot better than what's currently available.

DPIEROTTI
24-Oct-2016, 08:34
I have the same camera. Not the greatest but it does a good job and I like it. Mine has a property sticker from the NY State Police. I wonder if any famous criminal had their mugshot taken with it.

That's great - one can just imagine......