PDA

View Full Version : Wista parts still available?

RJ-
19-Oct-2016, 15:18
Hi,

has any Wista DX or SW user any reference to a stockist for rack & pinion parts?

My trusty square format Wista SW which has been on long term loan returned to me for the start of autumn. Within one excursion, I must have zoned out in delight at rediscovering its lithe and fluidly agile operation that it slipped my notice when I dislocated the lock caps for the rack and pinion.

Does anyone know the reference code or know the guage and pitch of the lock cap?

Here is the missing site of the end cap:

I gather Wista are no longer building cameras although I wonder if they still offer parts/service for a period after production end.

Kind regards,

RJ

Oren Grad
19-Oct-2016, 15:26
Their website identifies Teamwork as their UK distributor:

http://wista.co.jp/e_wista/e_dira/e_dhira.htm

That may be out of date, but perhaps they would know whether there was a designated local service agent.

RJ-
19-Oct-2016, 15:33
thanks Oren -

Teamwork are brilliant - I forgot all about them despite being there in August. Unfortunately I won't be back in London until next month - hoping to find a solution before I start an out of focus series.

I'll try them in any case - thanks for reminding me!

Kind regards,

RJ

faberryman
19-Oct-2016, 18:05
At least some parts are still available. I ordered a replacement strap for my SP from Japan through the US distributor:

Nippon Photoclinic, Inc.
920 Broadway, Suite 705
New York, NY 10010
Tel 212 982-3177 or 212 736-4663
Fax 212 982-1715
nipponphotoclinic@hotmail.com

Bob Salomon
20-Oct-2016, 06:52
Wista still makes cameras, in the USA the distributor is Omega Brandess. The USA authorized service stations are Nippon in NYC and Precision in Niles, IL. Ask for Bob Watkins at Precision and Rim at Precision. After the former service center owner died Nippon purchased all of the parts that Marflex had.

RJ-
20-Oct-2016, 15:20
Thank you Fabberyman & Bob!

I didn't realise Wista remained in production. I'm based in Europe and will try to identify the missing part better.

Thank you for clarifying - that is really good news.

Kind regards,

RJ

RJ-
15-Nov-2016, 04:48
Hi All,

Many thanks for all the suggestions -

One of the great things about having a resource like the LFPF is that new ideas can be pooled and shared for diverse locations and needs.

I'd like to thank Kumar from this forum who supplied the missing locking caps from Japan with a rapid turnaround in sourcing and service. It's so fantastic being able to focus properly again!

Kind regards,

RJ