PDA

View Full Version : 12x20 deal!

John Kasaian
5-May-2005, 10:32
I have no connection with this company, but I do know how consuming the desire to tackle ULF is and this sounds like a reasonable way to "bust a move" as they used to say wayyy back in the '70s. Since I've already got my ULF I'd like to pass this one this along to whoever else suffers from the malady:

Igor's Camera Exchange has a 12x20 Folmer and Schwing Banquet with a holder listed on his site for $1500.

I can attest that Igor is a reputable dealer, also if this post isn't within the guidelines please remove it with my apologies.

Cheers!

Edward (Halifax,NS)
5-May-2005, 10:47
Hi John, I don't mind this kind of post in the middle of a thread but not as a subject. This thread will be around long after the camera has been sold.

Just my 2 cents.

Alan Davenport
5-May-2005, 13:36
...Igor is a reputable dealer...

Then this must not be the same Igor who sold me a defective Canon A-1 through a large online auction site, then refused to honor his "return guarantee."

That's good.

John Kasaian
5-May-2005, 13:37
Right you are, Edward. The F&S Banquet probably sold within nano minutes after it was listed. I was just hoping someone here might have gotten first crack at it.

Cheers!

Doug Dolde
5-May-2005, 21:44
Yeah someone likely needed a good boat anchor. For the life of me I can't see why anyone would want an antique monstrosity like that.

Edward (Halifax,NS)
6-May-2005, 05:19
"Yeah someone likely needed a good boat anchor. For the life of me I can't see why anyone would want an antique monstrosity like that."

Because a new one would cost more than my car.

David Vickery
11-May-2005, 09:44
Hey Doug, If you ever get the chance to really look at a 12x20 contact print(or any ULF print) you'll know why someone would want that "antique monstrosity". The Folmer-Schwings are excellent cameras(And while heavy for someone who just wants to snap off a bunch of Photos, they will float). I'd gladely trade my 12x20 beast for a Folmer-Schwing!