PDA

View Full Version : 240 on 8X10

John Berry ( Roadkill )
3-May-2005, 00:13
Well, I'm here to eat a little crow. Everytime I make an absolute statement it comes back to bite me in the a$$. Some might remember I made the statement " Once you use a 10" wide field Ektar you'll not want for another". At the big camera show here in Seattle, I picked up a 24" Apo red dot Artar. Fine a peice of glass. I also picked up a 240 G-Claron. I would have to say that is one sharp peice of glass. I can see why owners defend them so much. I am way more than satisfied with this lens. Like John Kasaian I can see having both lenses, as they have different personalities. Now if I can only plagerize Ralph Bakers' flower picture that I admire so much.LOL

luca_3797
3-May-2005, 00:34
John,
did you use the 24 " apo Artar in barrel?
How was its performance?I'm looking for one in shutter for my 11x14 camera
Thanks

Scott Rosenberg
3-May-2005, 03:41
hi john... after using a fuji 300-C for a short while, i switched to a 305 G-Claron and was really shocked by the sharpness of this lens. the g-clarons are truly wonderful optics!

John Kasaian
3-May-2005, 07:25
John,

I know what you mean. Trying to choose which 240 to use is a bit like trying to pick between a Ferrari and a Duesenburg.

Aye Carrumba! I'm afraid you've just become a "lens collector!"

It sounds like you've got some pretty grand examples of glass there, enjoy them!

Cheers!

Ralph Barker
3-May-2005, 07:35
John - the key to that Asian Lily shot was in using an APO water spritzer. ;-)

Thanks for your comment.

John Berry ( Roadkill )
3-May-2005, 10:37
ROFLMAO. Thanks ralph. I just knew I should have went for the APO version

John Berry ( Roadkill )
3-May-2005, 10:56
Luca: I'm building a shutter box for a packard shutter so I can use all my barrel lenses on it. Right now the hat shutter is working ok. Unless the shot is so exciting that I start to stutter.It could use a CLA though. If your looking for one in a shutter check to see how much room you have left on the VISA. I payed $400 for the 24" which is about the going price for it's condition.I'm kinda dissapointed the 24 in lens will only cut a peice of grain in two not in to quarters. LOL
John: I've owned a couple of pintos and vegas in my day. The trouble is, who are you going to sell them to when you find out?