PDA

View Full Version : Wollensak f12" (299mm) f6.8 Graphic Raptor Wide Field Lens N@E44118 Wolmanized

Tin Can
6-Oct-2016, 21:46
I have been searching the web, and have found nothing on this lens. Only smaller ones.

Anybody know anything, specifically coverage as some claim the 210mm same type covers very big.

Not for sale

I do know it is a process lens from the Graphic bit.

Dan Fromm
7-Oct-2016, 07:04
Randy, Graphic Raptar is another Wolly trade name, not a design type. I have a 138/4.5 Graphic Raptar that's a really lousy tessar type. It can't be a process lens. Ain't no f/4.5 tessar type process lensess.

People have discussed the 210/6.8 Graphic Raptar here and elsewhere. It seems to be a dagor type and quite a good lens. To tell whether yours is a dagor type, count reflections. Two strong reflections and two weak reflections, possibly so weak that they're hard to see, from each cell means dagor type.

Tin Can
7-Oct-2016, 08:02
Randy, Graphic Raptar is another Wolly trade name, not a design type. I have a 138/4.5 Graphic Raptar that's a really lousy tessar type. It can't be a process lens. Ain't no f/4.5 tessar type process lensess.

People have discussed the 210/6.8 Graphic Raptar here and elsewhere. It seems to be a dagor type and quite a good lens. To tell whether yours is a dagor type, count reflections. Two strong reflections and two weak reflections, possibly so weak that they're hard to see, from each cell means dagor type.

Dan, checked it first with tiny flashlight, easily see rear double reflection. Front single, couldn't see the double. . But then I unscrewed the front. I see 4 lenses air gapped in front and rear pair groups, unless I am missing something.

I have f4.5 300mm Tessars. This smaller Wolly is different, it seems to be a big brother to the 210 Wide field which some claim large IC.

I'll mount up on 8x10 today and look through it, try some rise.

If it's any help this thing is much smaller than a 4.5 300mm Velostigmat Series II.

Thanks for a direction to consider.