PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual Meet and Greet! It's at a new Venue!

Jim Fitzgerald
1-Oct-2016, 16:22
The time has come once again. Tri Tran, Hugo Zhang and myself invite you!!

Fellow photographers, friends and guests, Join us on Sunday November 13, 2016.

This “Meet and Greet” is a wonderful opportunity for photographers to show case their work and exchange ideas on photography equipment and images. This is our fifth year and let's see what this year brings. We have tables available and five have been reserved already. There will be additional tables available and I'll have more information on this on Monday. If we can get 12 tables reserved we will have covered the cost of renting the room, well almost. If we can't get that many tables I may need to ask for a donation to cover the cost. The room is $60.00 per hour and there are some fees etc. If you wish to rent a table the cost will be $40.00. This is a first come first served event. To reserve please contact me via private message, or jimfitzgerald101@hotmail.com. I just found the location late on Friday thanks to Ghostcount, Thanks Randy! This is a new venue in Anaheim Ca. Tri is going to check it out tomorrow and like I said I'll update everyone. I have to make the deposit and get all of the details on Monday. They are holding the room for me until Monday so if you wish a table let me know.

We will have the room from 9AM to 5Pm on Sunday November 13, 2016. Since this is a new venue we have to be aware of a couple of things. We cannot advertise that we are selling! So we need to keep this part quiet and amongst ourselves. Spread the word by all means let's just don't be blatant about it. If we were to advertise it as a selling show I'd have to get an Anaheim business license, etc. etc. etc. and the costs would go out of sight. So we are having an art show and camera show.

You are welcome to show and sell your work or equipment just be smart about it.

Set up time for those of you with tables is 9 AM sharp! Please be on time. There will be no set up after the meeting starts.

Time and Location:
Sunday November 13, 2015
9:00 –5:00 pm
Brookhurst Community Center
2271 W. Crescent Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92801
714-465-3373

Jim Fitzgerald contact info: Cell 818-378-3919

Don't ask me where it is please. This is why we have google and besides if June and I can find it, we are coming from Vancouver Washington btw, anyone should be able to.

Event details:

Chamonix Cameras will have a table and you can speak to Hugo if you are interested in any of Chamonix's products.

Jim Fitzgerald will have his carbon transfer prints on display and will discuss camera building for those who may be interested.

Large and Ultra Large Format cameras plus a variety of soft focus lenses will be on display. Some may be for sale!

Traditional silver gelatin, platinum and carbon transfer prints, Ambrotypes and Tintypes will also be available for purchase.

A discussion of alternative printing techniques and the use of film and x-ray films will be part of the activities.

The program consists of the following:

• 9:30 – 10:00 am – Introduction and welcome.

• 10:00 _ 5:00 pm _ Prints exhibition by the Artists.

Photographers are welcome to show their portfolio to collectors who may wish to purchase their work or to share their work with other artists. Please invite anyone who wishes to see and/or purchase work. For those who wish to shoot portraits, please let me find out about this. I know several of you may wish to do some wet plate work and I'll have to find out about this. So stay tuned.

Light refreshments will be served. Also, bring some food to share. We can not have alcohol as this will be a big problem for me if we do. Again this is a new venue so let's see how it goes.

This is always a fun and educational event. We have had a great turn out in the past for the event and we hope that we see some new faces along with old friends at this event.

I will add information to this post as ideas evolve. This has always been a nice informal event so if you are new to the area and want to see some wonderful images and people who love what they do please join us.

Thanks

Michael Clark
1-Oct-2016, 19:09
Thats good news Jim, I will be there and rent a table.

Mike

Jim Fitzgerald
1-Oct-2016, 20:29
Mike, thanks. I've got you down.

seabee1999
3-Oct-2016, 08:53
Provided that I heal up well, I should be there this year. Hope to see you then Jim.

R/
Dave

DrTang
3-Oct-2016, 10:05
I will take a table I suppose - I've been to this place many, many times back in the l camera show circuit days

Michael Clark
3-Oct-2016, 11:59
Hello Dave, if you make it over there I will try to bring some prints from the Mineral King outing. Have not been doing any printing this summer due to the heat.

Jim Noel
3-Oct-2016, 13:30
Just confirming that Ken Wright and I will be there once more, along with some equipment for perusal, possibly including my personal Korona 7x17.

Jim Noel

Jim Fitzgerald
3-Oct-2016, 15:04
Dave, get better soon. Dr. Tang I've got you on the list.

So here is an update:

I managed to get us a larger room! We will be in the West MP room. This room is 2,450 square feet about 1,000 sf. bigger than the previous room. It opens to a patio which will be nice for portraits. We will have plenty of room for tables. I have 7 committed so far. Jim F., Tri, Hugo, Mike Clark, Robert Oliver, Jim Noel and Ken, and Dr. Tang. So we need 5 more to pay for the room. Now let's get the word out. This is a great opportunity to see some fine art work and talk to some wonderful artists, maybe even pick up some gear or some prints. I will be adding more info as needed so thanks everyone.

Tri Tran
5-Oct-2016, 12:28
2 more tables for Mrs Sue Cong and Peter Pham.

Tri Tran
7-Oct-2016, 08:31
We are happy to announce that Aztek , www.aztek.com
Scanners and printers will be among the exhibitors. Thanks Evan Lippincott

Jim Fitzgerald
8-Oct-2016, 08:24
We have all of the tables spoken for as of yesterday. Possibly one more. I will let you know if one becomes available. Thanks everyone.

Jim Fitzgerald
10-Oct-2016, 08:23
To those of you who have asked for tables please contact me about payment right away. I'd like to get the payment in before we hit the road in a week.

Thanks.

Tri Tran
11-Oct-2016, 09:42
Thanks Tim Scott to set up the Wet plate outdoor shoot for the event.

Jim Fitzgerald
13-Oct-2016, 19:41
Looks like we have a couple of tables left so contact me if you wish to show your art work.

Tri Tran
14-Oct-2016, 17:46
Please put one down for Daniel Stone. Thanks Jim

Jim Fitzgerald
14-Oct-2016, 18:01
Thanks Tri. I 'll have the schedule of events and list of exhibitors soon. Got Daniel on the list.

Jim Fitzgerald
19-Oct-2016, 10:46
Here is the latest on the event.

HI everyone. Here is the latest info on the show in November. I wanted to get this out before we hit the road tomorrow for the Redwoods and points south eventually ending up at the event. Let me know if there is anything I need to add about you and what you are showing. I'll post this on FB and forums but please it is up to us to get the word out and get people to come and see the amazing work that will be on display.

Fifth Annual Fine Art Show and Symposium

9:00 –5:00 pm
Brookhurst Community Center
2271 W. Crescent Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92801
714-465-3373

9:00 am - 9:30 am Artist set up

9:30am - 10:30 am welcome and introductions. Each artist will speak about their work and give a brief background about themselves.

10:30am - 11:30am Artist Tim Scott will discuss the Wet Plate Collodion process. He will demonstrate and answer you questions. Tim will continue to demonstrate and discuss the process throughout the show.

11:30 - 12:30 lunch and general discussions with the various artists. Please bring something to share as this is not a catered event. So bring what you would like to eat please.

12:30pm - 1:00 pm Chamonix Cameras. Hugo Zhang our local Chamonix Rep will discuss Chamonix Cameras, accessories, ordering procedures , delivery time frames and will have cameras on display for you to see. He can answer all of your questions.

1:00pm - 2:00pm Aztec Evan Lippincott will discuss various scanners and scanning procedures. Digital negatives and all of your questions will be answered in this informative and valuable demonstration.

2:00pm - 3:00pm Peter Pham Fine Art Printing & Framing. Peter will go over all of the services he offers and have plenty to show. He will discuss his printing on canvass and other services available along with custom mounting and framing. This should be very informative and a wonderful new local resource for us.

3:00pm - 4:00pm Your hosts Tri Tran and Jim Fitzgerald will give a talk on Carbon Transfer printing ( Jim) and Platinum printing (Tri). Try will discuss the use of digital negatives for platinum and Jim will talk about the carbon transfer process using traditional negatives.

4:00pm - 5:00pm This will be the time to finalize any deals that were made get cards and info exchanged and generally wrap things up.

This schedule is tentative and we will try to keep to it but I may make some changes as we go. At the end we would love to hear from those who attended to get some feedback on how we can improve this event next year. We have some ideas but we need your input. Remember we are doing this to help showcase YOU the photographic artist. Get the word out please! For $40.00 bucks you have a nice place to show your work. Now it is up to all of those who will be displaying their work to bring people in.

The Artists who will be displaying their work are as follows:

Jim Fitzgerald Carbon Transfer and some surprises.

Tri Tran Carbon, Wet Plate and Platinum work.

Hugo Zhang Gelatin Silver prints from Tibet

Rober Oliver Gelatin Silver Prints

Michael Clark Gelatin Silver Prints

Ken Wright and Jim Noel Platinum and Gelatin Silver prints

Sue Cong Digital Black & White & Color

Daniel Stone Gelatin Silver Prints

Michael Weitzman Gelatin Silver Prints

Peter Schlager Gelatin Silver prints

If I have missed anything please let me know and I will make the corrections. See everyone at the show!

Thanks.

ScottPhotoCo
20-Oct-2016, 21:10
Jim, don't forget a table for me. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Fitzgerald
21-Oct-2016, 10:03
Got it Scott

seabee1999
2-Nov-2016, 14:47
Just wondering if I could possibly get an assist with a ride down to Anaheim for this event. I live in Oxnard, CA (ventura county). I am still in able to drive due to having surgery on my foot. If anyone from Ventura or Santa Barbara are passing through the area and would be interested in sharing a ride, I can cover half or better the gas.

R/
Dave

Forrest Atkins
3-Nov-2016, 12:01
Just wondering if I could possibly get an assist with a ride down to Anaheim for this event. I live in Oxnard, CA (ventura county). I am still in able to drive due to having surgery on my foot. If anyone from Ventura or Santa Barbara are passing through the area and would be interested in sharing a ride, I can cover half or better the gas.

R/
Dave

Dave,
If for some reason Bill Theis can't our planned DV, Bodie trip then I'd be happy to share a ride.

seabee1999
3-Nov-2016, 13:01
Dave,
If for some reason Bill Theis can't our planned DV, Bodie trip then I'd be happy to share a ride.

Oh that would be great Forrest. Thank you for being able to help. I totally understand if your original plans are able to carry forward. Just PM me whether they do or don't.

R/
Dave

Jim Fitzgerald
5-Nov-2016, 08:45
Dave and Forrest I hope you and anyone else can make it. I expect this event to be very special. There will be some quality work on display and will be a little more formal than our previous events.
So if you love photography and are in the area or you are close please come and support our event. I'm putting this on for our community in the hopes that we can inspire one another. It would be great to see some new faces. So regardless of how far it is (June and I drovefrom Vancouver Washington remember)so tell your friends and family and come say hi.
We will see you there next Sunday.

seabee1999
5-Nov-2016, 08:53
Dave and Forrest I hope you and anyone else can make it. I expect this event to be very special. There will be some quality work on display and will be a little more formal than our previous events.
So if you love photography and are in the area or you are close please come and support our event. I'm putting this on for our community in the hopes that we can inspire one another. It would be great to see some new faces. So regardless of how far it is (June and I drovefrom Vancouver Washington remember)so tell your friends and family and come say hi.
We will see you there next Sunday.

Thanks Jim. I am still planning to go. I just still haven't figured out the ride/drive portion yet. Forrest's original plans are going forward. So I am back to seeing if anyone north of here is planning to go and would be interested in having a copilot for the trip.

R/
Dave

seabee1999
9-Nov-2016, 07:40
Good morning, I thought I'd ask once more if anyone heading towards Anaheim for this event from Santa Barbara or Ventura would be willing to help a fellow photographer get there. As mentioned before, I had Achilles' tendon surgery and currently I am unable to walk or drive. I'd like to go to meet other photographers and see their prints. Please let me and I'll cover gas from my house to the event and back.

R/
Dave

Jim Fitzgerald
9-Nov-2016, 10:30
Dave I hope you can make it. June and I would love to see you.

seabee1999
9-Nov-2016, 13:52
I hope to see both you and June as well Jim. I am hoping I can get some help from the forum first before making other plans.

R/
Dave

ScottPhotoCo
9-Nov-2016, 18:05
Hello all,

Just an update regarding my participation at this year's event. Simply due to logistics and timing I will not be doing the wet plate demo and shoot this year, Instead, from 10:30am-11:30am I will be discussing my approaches to portraiture, showing work and doing a live session if time allows. Additionally, I will likely be shooting portraits off and on during the event in a designated area.

This year's event looks to be really great with a lot of fantastic work. Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible!

Tim
www.ScottPhoto.co

Jim Fitzgerald
9-Nov-2016, 23:22
Tim thanks for the update. It will be a great time.

Michael Clark
12-Nov-2016, 14:47
I'm getting one of those long submarine sandwiches at Stater Bro's market , maybe some others could pick up some donuts ,drinks, and other stuff to munch on.

Jim Fitzgerald
12-Nov-2016, 18:19
Yes, please bring something to share. Thanks Mike

Michael Clark
13-Nov-2016, 21:10
Great showing and a good time at this years Meet and Greet. Many fine prints were shown and Jim, Tim, Hugo, Tri all gave talks and a special guest from Aztek Imaging and Scanning Techniques gave a talk and answered questions. Everyone in good spirits, saw old friends and a few new faces also.

LabRat
13-Nov-2016, 22:12
I enjoyed today's event and GREAT meeting GREAT people!!! Many thanks to all who put this together, and I hope to see everyone again soon!!!

Steve K

Jeffrey Arthur
13-Nov-2016, 23:26
It was wonderful to see and hear everyone and to be able to ask many questions. I learned so much. Thank you

Jim Noel
14-Nov-2016, 08:13
Another pleasant an informative day. Congrats to Jim, Tri and Hugo.

Jim Fitzgerald
14-Nov-2016, 08:23
I wish to thank everyone who came to this years event. It was very nice to have some new artists participating in the event.
The new venue worked very well and we had a nice turn out. The speakers we had gave wonderful talks about a variety of topics. I for one learned quite a bit. I think we were successful.
We had some sales, mainly images but some gear was sold as well. The focus was and should remain on selling art at great prices . I'll be contacting everyone once we get home to ask for suggestions on how to make next years event better. Again thanks to all!

Hugo Zhang
14-Nov-2016, 08:33
Yeah, we had a good meeting with some old and new friends. Thanks to all, specially to Tri and Jim!

seabee1999
14-Nov-2016, 09:02
Thank you Jim and Tri for hosting this get together. It was great to see folks I knew from before as well as place a face to folks I've interacted with on the forum. Overall, I had great conversations with many folks and I learned a lot from Tim's and Jim's presentations. Sorry Tri, I would have stayed longer, however, my foot was hurting really, really bad by the time I left. I hope to make next year's meeting (I might be deployed overseas though).

R/
Dave

Jim Fitzgerald
14-Nov-2016, 10:25
Dave, a special thank you. I knew how much pain you were in and you made it. That is special. So thanks again and get well my friend.

seabee1999
14-Nov-2016, 10:49
Dave, a special thank you. I knew how much pain you were in and you made it. That is special. So thanks again and get well my friend.

You are welcome. It was happy to be there.

R/
Dave

JerryP
14-Nov-2016, 11:31
I had a good time there. The carbon printing was very interesting. Got a few comments about my Scheimpflug tee shirt (just had to go into the dirty clothes hamper to see how to spell it). Another trip to the Owens Valley would be fun.

Thanks for putting this event on.

Patrick13
14-Nov-2016, 14:16
Sorry I couldn't make it, birthday plans and a dead battery dictated otherwise.

Jim Fitzgerald
14-Nov-2016, 18:26
Well I hope we can have an even better show next year.

Michael Clark
14-Nov-2016, 20:36
Jim, I grabbed my ice chest with out looking inside when I left and checked it this morning and found a bunch of soda's and ice. I had stocked it full of water bottles but someone must have restocked it with soda's when the water was used up. I'll save them for the next Get together.

Tri Tran
14-Nov-2016, 23:38
That was Wendy :)

Tri Tran
14-Nov-2016, 23:39
Thank you all for attending our annual Fine Art Symposium. The work shops were a wealth of new information. Friends and fellow photographers had a great time both learning and sharing. It was an informative and productive event . Look forward to seeing you all next time !

peter schrager
15-Nov-2016, 00:23
Sorry I was not in attendance as promised..had an opportunity to go to Korea and I took it
As an aside only once a year guys??..I'm always up for meeting doing sharing but no go...right now I'm in contact with someone about setting up a photography center in Los Angeles. ..there's lots of other people we could reach itf someway we broadened our horizons

Jim Fitzgerald
15-Nov-2016, 07:57
Sorry I was not in attendance as promised..had an opportunity to go to Korea and I took it
As an aside only once a year guys??..I'm always up for meeting doing sharing but no go...right now I'm in contact with someone about setting up a photography center in Los Angeles. ..there's lots of other people we could reach itf someway we broadened our horizons
Do it! I'll have to lend my support from afar.

Paul Cunningham
15-Nov-2016, 11:29
I just saw this and hope everyone enjoyed the event. I see that it was just one block from my old high school, although I'm very happy to say I live in Oregon now. Cheers, Paul

Jim Fitzgerald
15-Nov-2016, 14:30
Paul, June and I came from Vancouver Washington so it was not to far :-)

FrancisF
12-Oct-2017, 05:41
Any plans for a 6th annual event?

Jim Fitzgerald
12-Oct-2017, 19:31
Some one else needs to step up as I'm now 1,000 miles away. So it won't be me now. Sorry.