PDA

View Full Version : Bellow with wider lens range for Sinar

celtic9
1-Oct-2016, 11:15
Hello fellow LF users,

I really love my Sinar F2. The only thing that bothers me is having to carry around two different bellows (normal and wide angle) to get adequate movement with the range of lenses I use. Arca Swiss offers this neat conical (I believe leather) wide angle bellow that allows for a much wider use of lenses. Do you know if there's such a bellow available for Sinar? Or is there a simple way to adapt that aforementioned Arca Swiss bellow onto a Sinar F2?

As usual, thanks for the help!

Peter De Smidt
1-Oct-2016, 12:07
I'd email Camera Bellows in the UK and ask if they have any suggestions.

celtic9
1-Oct-2016, 13:02
Thanks Peter! Or I guess I could just go with a narrower lens (thinking of 105mm instead of 90mm), combine it with a recessed lens board and completely get rid of the wide angle bellow. Any idea how much - if any - movement I'd get with 105 + recessed Sinar lens board?

Bob Salomon
1-Oct-2016, 13:37
How long a lens do you want to use? How close do you want to be able to shoot? How wide a lens do you want to use? How much movements do you plan on using? Direct or indirect movements? Those answers will determine exactly what your bellows will have to do.

Greg
1-Oct-2016, 15:33
I have two regular bellows for my 4x5 Sinar Norma. The older Norma bellows has a large circular opening in the front of it and compresses a lot more than my newer bellows. I also have to carry a normal and a WA bellows with the camera but honestly 95% of the time I find myself using the WA bellows.

celtic9
1-Oct-2016, 15:58
Thanks everyone for chiming in. The only real difficulties regarding lack of movement are with my 90mm lens, the widest lens I use. I think I'll simple go with something longer instead, say 100mm, and combine it with a recessed lens board. I guess that should give me at least some movement (don't need a crazy amount anyway). Let me know if you have any experience/thoughts regarding that solution.

again, thanks everyone!! :)

Bob Salomon
1-Oct-2016, 16:44
Thanks everyone for chiming in. The only real difficulties regarding lack of movement are with my 90mm lens, the widest lens I use. I think I'll simple go with something longer instead, say 100mm, and combine it with a recessed lens board. I guess that should give me at least some movement (don't need a crazy amount anyway). Let me know if you have any experience/thoughts regarding that solution.

again, thanks everyone!! :)

Most, if not all, 100 to 105mm lenses are not wide angles and won't come close to covering 45 at infinity.

Alan Gales
1-Oct-2016, 19:02
You could get a Schneider 121mm for peanuts. I paid about $180 for mine. I've since seen them go for less. Stopped down it is said to almost cover 8x10 darkening the corners a bit. I never tried it because I bought it for 4x5 where it provides plenty of coverage. To me it feels like using a 35mm lens on a 35mm camera. A moderate wide. Keep your 90mm in case you need a true wide angle.

I used to own a Sinar P and an extra bellows for your F2 weighs almost nothing. Maybe you could carry one less lens or leave out something else in your kit?