PDA

View Full Version : Sinar P2 8x10 questions from a new owner

Dustyman
26-Sep-2016, 20:27
I recently purchased a Sinar P2 8x10 and I have a few questions regarding some features I am not familiar with. Hoping someone can identify them.

The first thing is is a small knob with a freely moving black metal tab on the very bottom right of the back of the camera. It's not on the film back but on the camera body between the back and the bellows. The "knob" doesn't seem to turn, but the metal tab moves easily. Pic below.

The second thing is a silver latch that resides in the middle left of the camera back (when in vertical orientation. It would be mid top in horizontal mode). It actually resides within in the opening slot of the back.
This latch freely moves. Pic below.

Lastly is the small hole and knob on the lower right corner of the front standard. I am assuming it is for a lens accessory (shutter or cable). Pic below.

I'd appreciate any insight to these features, and apologize for appearing dimwitted if these things are obvious to you Sinar experts.

Peter De Smidt
26-Sep-2016, 20:49
The first thing is a knob for securing the format frame to the standard. If you unscrew this, you can remove the frame. You can then swap it for another format frame, one for 4x5 or 5x7.

I'm not sure about the second thing. I'd have to look at my camera at the studio.

The last thing is to hold a hexegonal rod. Lens shades, filter holders.... can be attached to the rod.

B.S.Kumar
26-Sep-2016, 20:59
The second thing looks like the lever for opening the slot to insert the metering probe, I think.

Kumar

Dustyman
26-Sep-2016, 21:13
Ah! Great --- thanks for the quick reply, Peter. The knob seems possibly frozen and I didn't want to force it if it weren't supposed to turn. The moving tab on the knob might just be might be to facilitate turning it, giving you more leverage using your thumb. Now that I know what it is I really have no need to turn it anyway. It will remain 8x10.

The first thing is a knob for securing the format frame to the standard. If you unscrew this, you can remove the frame. You can then swap it for another format frame, one for 4x5 or 5x7.

I'm not sure about the second thing. I'd have to look at my camera at the studio.

The last thing is to hold a hexegonal rod. Lens shades, filter holders.... can be attached to the rod.

Dustyman
26-Sep-2016, 21:15
I see. Now I'm thinking it might lock in the meter probe, so that it stays in position when you open the back.
Thank you, Kumar.

The second thing looks like the lever for opening the slot to insert the metering probe, I think.

Kumar

Luis-F-S
27-Sep-2016, 09:27
You might want to get the manual for it, it's available on line. L

Dustyman
27-Sep-2016, 09:34
Thx. Can you paste a link? What I've come across is very rudimentary.

You might want to get the manual for it, it's available on line. L

Alan Gales
27-Sep-2016, 09:58
Sinar P2, C2 and F2 combined.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1000950/Sinar-F1.html#manual

Dustyman
27-Sep-2016, 15:47
Thank you Alan.

Sinar P2, C2 and F2 combined.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1000950/Sinar-F1.html#manual