PDA

View Full Version : Help Steve Simmons! View Camera Delivery in Canada

Steve McKinney
29-Apr-2005, 19:11
Hi all,

Are any of you Canadian View Camera Magazine subscribers? Have you been receiving your magazine in the mail?

I subscribed to View Camera in September of last year and I've only received one issue. The January/February issue. I've e-mailed View Camera (with my paypal receipt as an attachment) and posted a query about this issue on their website but I've not had a response.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

I know you're a frequent reader of this forum, Steve. Can you help?

Thanks,

Steve McKinney
Toronto

Gem Singer
29-Apr-2005, 19:48
Why not post this on the View Camera Forum?

Steve McKinney
29-Apr-2005, 19:55
As I stated above, I did. I also e-mailed them and I've heard nothing. Steve Simmons often posts here so I'm trying here. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Gem Singer
29-Apr-2005, 20:34
Steve McKinney,

This is not Steve Simmons personal e-mail address.

Try a phone call to the View camera office in New Mexico. That always worked for me when my copy of the magazine got lost in the mail.

It seems to me that this is a matter between yourself and the magazine. It is not a problem that needs to be handled in an open forum. I'm certain that I'm not the only one who is growing tired of seeing Steve Simmons being bashed on this forum.

Steve McKinney
29-Apr-2005, 20:42
Thanks again for your thoughtful suggestion, Eugene.

Eric Biggerstaff
29-Apr-2005, 22:13
Steve,

I agree, the best thing is to give Steve a call. I know he will be gone the next couple of weeks so he may not be able to get back to you right away.

Steve has always been responsive to me when I had questions or issues so keep trying.

Eric

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Daniel Grenier
30-Apr-2005, 10:03
I too have not received the current (Mar/Apr) issue. I did get Jan/Feb's issue (the first in a gift subscription from my son). I used to be a subscriber years ago and stopped prefering store purchase. I did send notes to VC about my missing issue but I still haven't received it so I just went out and bought one to add to my collection of every single issue I have of the mag.

So you're not alone in not getting timely delivery.

Gem Singer
30-Apr-2005, 14:18
Steve and Daniel,

I'm fairly certain that Robert Garcia, the office manager at View Camera, handles the problems with the circulation of the magazine. Perhaps both of you would get faster results if you would address your inquiries to the circulation manager, instead of the editor.

Kirk Gittings
30-Apr-2005, 21:59
Steve is out of town teaching a workshop in Denver and he has a new office manager I believe. Iwould just call the office.

Ron Bose
1-May-2005, 16:41
Thank goodness for Chapters and Indigo's ....
I get my VC from them. Of course I don't get access to the subscriber stuff on the website, but at least I get the magazine on time and unmolested (by over enthusiastic mail men stuffing it into my tiny mailbox ...

William D. Lester
2-May-2005, 06:14
I've had the same experience as the other Canadian subscribers. Very frustrating. Messages sent through the View Camera forum don't seem to get a response. If I didn't enjoy the magazine, I sure wouldn't expend the effort that it seems to require to sort out the subscription issues.

André Michaud
5-May-2005, 04:59
I paid my subscription in Feb.2005 by Paypal and never received a single number of
View Camera magasine yet

Oscar
9-May-2005, 09:40
"This is not Steve Simmons personal e-mail address. Try a phone call to the View camera office in New Mexico. That always worked for me when my copy of the magazine got lost in the mail. It seems to me that this is a matter between yourself and the magazine. It is not a problem that needs to be handled in an open forum. I'm certain that I'm not the only one who is growing tired of seeing Steve Simmons being bashed on this forum. "

I am a newbie getting interested in LF and have been lurking in this forum for sometime. It seems there are other people having trouble with their subscriptions to VC. If it weren't for forums like this one us new people would never know about problems with mag subscriptions, equipment, vendors, etc.