PDA

View Full Version : Crack in Besler Drum

Leonard Evens
29-Apr-2005, 07:55
I noticed a light leak on some film recently and traced it to a small crack on the cover of my Beseler drum. I've put black electrical tape over it, but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for a more permanent waterproof solution which will keep the light out and also prevent the crack from enlarging. I got the tank a while back through ebay. I wonder if it is a good idea to try that route again. I had been using such a tank, which for many years I used for color print processing, until I cracked part of the light baffle by stupidly forcing the lid on in the wrong position.

Nick_3536
29-Apr-2005, 08:05
I needed to fix the lid on a Jobo tank and bought some epoxy from Home Depot. It's labeled for marine use. Don't know if it's light proof but you can always put some black tape on the outside.

Salty
29-Apr-2005, 09:37
I use J B Weld 2 part epoxy for repairs on most plastic, fiberglass items. It's worked for me for over 20 years.

Steve Feldman
29-Apr-2005, 11:23
JB Weld will fix everything from the crack of dawn to the crack in your __s.

Fixed the lever on a 545 holder.

For water proof crack sealant try aquarium sealant goo.

Paul Butzi
29-Apr-2005, 11:56
Warning:

Some black eletrical tape is black but not actually opaque. This led to my spending some time a few years ago scratching my head, banging said head on a wall, and eventually replacing a small but important bit of black electrical tape with some aluminum tape, which is shiny but completely opaque. Problem solved.

-Paul (www.butzi.net (http://www.butzi.net))

Jon Shiu
29-Apr-2005, 16:25
I have an extra color by beseler 8x10 drum. Email me if you want it.

David G. Gagnon
29-Apr-2005, 20:33
At first glance I thought this was a drug-related question ;-)

DG