PDA

View Full Version : In search of bag bellows...

Petermi
16-Aug-2016, 15:05
I both a Wisner 4x5 and 8x10. I am looking for bag bellows for both. Also the bellows on the 8x10 could use a touch of work.

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Steve Barber
17-Aug-2016, 00:38
I both a Wisner 4x5 and 8x10. I am looking for bag bellows for both. Also the bellows on the 8x10 could use a touch of work.

Thanks for any help.

Pete

Out of curiosity, what lens wouldl you use with a Wisner 8x10 that would require a bag bellow?

Petermi
17-Aug-2016, 20:39
Out of curiosity, what lens wouldl you use with a Wisner 8x10 that would require a bag bellow?

I have an old protar that I like a lot. I believe it goes to about 135mm, but my me memory could be off a bit.

Pete

lenser
18-Aug-2016, 14:10
You might check with Ivan's Camera. He found a Zone Vi bag bellows for a friend of mine traveling Europe. I Understand that whole transaction went quite well.

Steve Barber
22-Aug-2016, 05:11
I have an old protar that I like a lot. I believe it goes to about 135mm, but my me memory could be off a bit.

Pete

Again, it was only idle curiosity, but I have a 120mm Nikor SW that I don’t use because, for me, it is just too wide. It only barely covers an 8x10 and I did not use much, if any, movements with it, but I don’t remember any need for a bag bellows when using it on a Wisner 8x10. Anyway, seeing your post and remembering how godawful wide the 120 was, I just wondered how short your lens is that you need a bag bellows with it.

Petermi
22-Aug-2016, 18:08
Steve,

I appreciate your concern. It is much appreciated.

I have become convinced I will not find Wisner bellows. I may have a better chance finding bellows that will fit 2 or 3 camera brands.

Pete

Mark Sampson
22-Aug-2016, 18:33
As far as the 4x5 versions go, Wisner manufactured the early US-made Zone VI cameras. It may be that a Z-VI bag bellows will fit your Wisner. I would ask Richard Ritter, a member of this forum, since he was "present at the creation" and still works on view cameras, as well as makes his own. www.lg4mat.net.

neil poulsen
22-Aug-2016, 19:07
Some of the bag Wisner bag bellows were maroon on the inside, and not black. If this matters, it's worthwhile to ask.

I see two problems with this. It's Maroon, so might result in color casts with color film. Not being black, it would reflect more light.

Petermi
23-Aug-2016, 17:57
As far as the 4x5 versions go, Wisner manufactured the early US-made Zone VI cameras. It may be that a Z-VI bag bellows will fit your Wisner. I would ask Richard Ritter, a member of this forum, since he was "present at the creation" and still works on view cameras, as well as makes his own. www.lg4mat.net.

And a 6 pack of Beer goes to Mark. I looked over his site. I will call him tomorrow.

Pete

neil poulsen
23-Aug-2016, 18:25
If you can find any bellows, preferably with lots of pinholes and light leaks (:)), send the frames to Custom Bellows in the U.K. and have a set of bag bellows made for the camera. This might be the best, overall solution.

Petermi
24-Aug-2016, 10:43
I spoke to Rick Ritter this morning. www.lg4mat.net He can make both a 4x5 & 8x10 bag bellows for me.

In the process he will check out my existing bellows.

I want to say Thanks for all those who helped.

Pete

ScenicTraverse
31-Aug-2016, 16:28
You might check with Ivan's Camera. He found a Zone Vi bag bellows for a friend of mine traveling Europe. I Understand that whole transaction went quite well.

That right Tim, I got mine from Ivan very quickly. Thanks for pointing me that direction!

Mark Sampson
31-Aug-2016, 18:07
Petermi, if we ever meet you can buy me a beer. Or just send me a contact proof from one of your pictures... or better yet; just post one here in this thread, after you've made a good photo with your new bellows. We will all like that.