PDA

View Full Version : Replacement parts for Wista 45SP

Patrick Gauthier
4-Aug-2016, 20:26
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to get replacement parts for the Wista 45SP? Specifically the locking levers for the upper track. I have broken shattered two of the hex rings on these levers from two different Wista while locking them.

I've posted to the "Wanted to buy" forum here already.

BH sells new Wista 45SP's, and I've just contacted them regarding replacement parts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Patrick

scm
4-Aug-2016, 21:13
Nippon Photoclinic (http://nipponphotoclinic.com/) is the exclusive North American authorized service center for Wista cameras.

Patrick Gauthier
4-Aug-2016, 21:35
Nippon Photoclinic (http://nipponphotoclinic.com/) is the exclusive North American authorized service center for Wista cameras.

Thanks so much, scm. I've just contacted them.

FredrickSummers
10-Aug-2016, 06:53
Thanks so much, scm. I've just contacted them.

Let me know if you are able to get anywhere with them. I called yesterday looking for light seals, but the individual I spoke with didn't know any parts, just wanted pictures to look at. I figured "Light seals for Wista SP" was more then enough. The conversation was less then inspiring to say the least.

Bob Salomon
10-Aug-2016, 07:20
Let me know if you are able to get anywhere with them. I called yesterday looking for light seals, but the individual I spoke with didn't know any parts, just wanted pictures to look at. I figured "Light seals for Wista SP" was more then enough. The conversation was less then inspiring to say the least.

You need to talk ro Rim at Nippon, not an individual.

zony
29-Aug-2016, 13:29
I just dashed an email off to them for a knob - I included a picture - hopefully they will have the part or a set at a reasonable price.
Marc

mitrajoon
29-Aug-2016, 14:04
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to get replacement parts for the Wista 45SP? Specifically the locking levers for the upper track. I have broken shattered two of the hex rings on these levers from two different Wista while locking them.

I've posted to the "Wanted to buy" forum here already.

BH sells new Wista 45SP's, and I've just contacted them regarding replacement parts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Patrick

I have an SP so I hope that there is more follow up on Nippon or other other options.-

FredrickSummers
29-Aug-2016, 17:14
I just dashed an email off to them for a knob - I included a picture - hopefully they will have the part or a set at a reasonable price.
Marc

Let me know how it goes. I made the light seals I was looking for, but still need a rear hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick Gauthier
29-Aug-2016, 18:31
I've got my parts in the mail. They had the locking levers for the upper track and screws, but could not provide a spare shoe, strap mounts, and strap. As bob mentions, Rim has knowledge in the Wista department, and provided the product #'s. I contacted B&H at the same time as nipponphotoclinic. B&H they said they could inquire if I had the product #'s (but this info is hard to find!). I wonder if they would have gone through nipponphotoclinic in the end anyways. I am also fortunate enough to know a very resourceful LF member living in the Wista motherland who graciously sourced and shipped the other parts :p. B.S.Kumar (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/member.php?1796-B-S-Kumar) is a great resource in this forum, and has always provided excellent service.

FredrickSummers
30-Aug-2016, 10:23
I've got my parts in the mail. They had the locking levers for the upper track and screws, but could not provide a spare shoe, strap mounts, and strap. As bob mentions, Rim has knowledge in the Wista department, and provided the product #'s. I contacted B&H at the same time as nipponphotoclinic. B&H they said they could inquire if I had the product #'s (but this info is hard to find!). I wonder if they would have gone through nipponphotoclinic in the end anyways. I am also fortunate enough to know a very resourceful LF member living in the Wista motherland who graciously sourced and shipped the other parts :p. B.S.Kumar (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/member.php?1796-B-S-Kumar) is a great resource in this forum, and has always provided excellent service.

I'm glad! I agree about Kumar. He is the one that procured my SP for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtndesertman
22-Feb-2023, 16:01
Jeesh...back in the days it was certainly a different $! Early 1980's When I finished my second college degree, I decided to go ahead and purchase myself a replacement field camera for a Linhof Kardan 4x5 camera that I had sold. I had also previously owned a Toyo field camera, but I really liked the capability of the Wista 45SP design and decided to go with it. So, San Diego CA photography store visit I ordered the Wista 45SP, compendium lens shade, 460mm extension rail, bellows to match, bag bellows, and a number of Wista lens boards. I know the total cost was less than a thousand dollars, U.S.
Just checked out B&H Photo (all special order of course), $5,439.99 for the camera, $410.99 for the lens shade, extension track $389.99, bag bellows $679.99, long bellows $831.99 = grand total of ~ nearly $8k with a used Fujinon SW f8 75mm lens.
And, I haven't had need for parts, for six decades now, I've used it in the field and being careful with it, it hardly shows worse for wear.

I can say decidedly that whatever modest amount even at today's prices one might invest into and purchase a few parts to restore any used version of Wista's fine cameras, they are a lifetime camera.

mtndesertman
22-Feb-2023, 16:13
One other nice product specific to the Wista line is their "Recessed Wide Angle Lensboard"... unique design offers good benefits in using wide to super wide angle lenses ... 1) easy access to the lens front for settings 2) front lens board tracks are out of the field of view.

Drew Bedo
1-Mar-2023, 06:18
Look for a Wista beater on the-bay and cannibalize it for partsd?

roadhouse
4-Mar-2023, 14:47
A few years ago I simply wrote to Wista in Japan. They sent me the screw I needed for free.