PDA

View Full Version : So What's up with the non-threading?

Jim Rice
20-Apr-2005, 17:32
I see that Scott has asked, sort of. So, any information that anyone can share?

Tom Westbrook
20-Apr-2005, 17:43
I'm looking into it, but given that there haven't been any changes to the software since March 3rd, I'm at a bit of a loss. Ditto for the server we're hosted on (that I can tell). Looks like this is a recent issue, but correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Maybe if those who had this problem send me the browser version & operating system (incl version) they used when they made the bad post. Include any recent changes to your browser or other updates you might have applied to the computer. You can either post it here or email it to me or to the moderator address (at the bottom of the page).

Darin Cozine
20-Apr-2005, 18:11
heh, took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. I guess I should get my mind out of the darkroom.

Tom Westbrook
20-Apr-2005, 19:18
Until we get it fixed it would be a good idea to stop for a moment at the message preview page and confirm that the Subject starts with "Reply to" (assuming you're posting a reply to a thread). If it doesn't you're surely about to start a new thread. Maybe try restarting your browser or rebooting your computer and try again. Copy your message into a separate file before closing your browser so you don't have to retype everything again.

Tom Westbrook
21-Apr-2005, 11:03
Looks like we may have found the issue. There was a server change and it was backed out just now (hence the brief unavailable time). Hopefully that fixes our problem. I'll check again later to see if it helped. I'll also consolidate broken threads after I get home this evening.

Ken: the software is custom for this forum and was based on the work of Philip Greenspun for the original LUSENET forums and that of Bjorn Nilsson (sp?). There's a history of all this on the Home page somewhere.