PDA

View Full Version : What is this lens board?

Phil Hudson
14-Jul-2016, 04:42
Can anybody identify which camera for this lens board belongs to?

Measures 4 inches square, cast alloy, silver/grey paint on front and black on rear. Opening for Copal 0 shutter.

Thanks in advance!

rdenney
14-Jul-2016, 06:04
Can anybody identify which camera for this lens board belongs to?

Measures 4 inches square, cast alloy, silver/grey paint on front and black on rear. Opening for Copal 0 shutter.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like it could be for a Calumet CC400 view camera, from prior to their use of Super-Cambo variants.

Rick "but many vintage cameras used 4x4 lens boards with only slight variations" Denney

Phil Hudson
14-Jul-2016, 06:27
Thank you Rick - that looks right!

David Lindquist
14-Jul-2016, 08:05
Just looked at one of my Calumet Series CC 400 boards, it has the same number on the back, 105822, as shown here (and of course otherwise looks like the board shown here.)

David

Phil Hudson
14-Jul-2016, 10:04
Just looked at one of my Calumet Series CC 400 boards, it has the same number on the back, 105822, as shown here (and of course otherwise looks like the board shown here.)

David

Perfect - thanks for the confirmation David!

Alan Gales
14-Jul-2016, 11:26
You found your answer.

I had one of those at one time but I sold it with a reduction board. It came with a Cambo camera and a reduction board for later Cambo/Calumet cameras with 6" boards to early Calumet cameras with the 4" boards. When I first got it I didn't know what it was for either.