PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 8x10 Kodak Commercial View Camera (metal)

Brian Ellis
18-Apr-2005, 06:16
I recently bought an 8x10 Kodak Commercial View Camera, the magnesium one, and liked it a lot. Unfortuantely the particular one I bought had so many problems I had to return it. If anyone has or knows of one in good condition that's available for sale please let me know. I've searched all the usual places for large format gear - ebay, Lens and Repro, KEH, KenMar, Camera West, Igor, photo.net classifieds, rec.photo.marketplace, et al to no avail. The MidWest site doesn't seem to be working so I haven't been able to look there yet but I will when it's functional again.

Daniel Grenier
18-Apr-2005, 07:15
If "commercial" is the same as "Master" then you might be interested in this ebay auction For an 8x10 Kodak Masterview camera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15248&item=7508049109&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Donald Brewster
18-Apr-2005, 08:28
Commercial View are quite different from the Master View. Commerical View is basically a magnesium 2D. The Master View is a bigger flat bed type camera -- a metal Deardorff on steroids.

John Berry ( Roadkill )
19-Apr-2005, 02:29
Just saw a comercial on ebay this evening. John

DTD
3-May-2005, 14:43
I may have something - my email is dtd450@gmail.com Kodaks 5x7 2D and 8x10 - w. extension rails.

camaster1
21-Nov-2010, 13:22
[QUOTE=Daniel Grenier;106749]If "commercial" is the same as "Master" then you might be interested in this ebay auction For an 8x10 Kodak Masterview camera.

I will be listing a Kodak 8x10 Masterview on Ebay tues. 9/23

Scott Davis
22-Nov-2010, 04:35
I'd set up a repeating search on Ebay to notify you of when one comes available. Set it to search Large Format cameras and Vintage Cameras for the words Kodak and 8x10 and maybe Metal and/or aluminum. I've seen those pop up periodically, but often people don't know the proper name for the model is Commercial View, so they just list them as Kodak 8x10 and describe them as "aluminum" because they don't realize it is magnesium.

Mark Sampson
22-Nov-2010, 07:23
When you find one, make sure that it has the bellows-type lensboard extender that allows front tilt, a very useful feature/part that doesn't always stay with the camera.

Brian Ellis
22-Nov-2010, 08:53
Thanks for the responses but my inquiry was posted five years ago. I've moved on since then. I never did find a Commercial View. I bought my first Kodak 2D instead.