PDA

View Full Version : S-K Symmar-S MC 5.6/150 and/or Rodenstock Geronar 6.8/210 Any good?

durr3
10-Jun-2016, 15:05
I just bought a very clean Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S multi coated 150mm f5.6 lens
and a very clean Rodenstock Geronar multi coated 210mm f6.8 lens

Are these any good and/or worth keeping? Have not shot with either one yet.

Just wondering other's opinion.....

Thanks

Jac@stafford.net
10-Jun-2016, 15:17
I just bought a very clean Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S multi coated 150mm f5.6 lens
and a very clean Rodenstock Geronar multi coated 210mm f6.8 lens

Are these any good and/or worth keeping? Have not shot with either one yet

Well ask the lenses; use them as the wise Mr. Dan Fromm states. Both are very good. It is unlikely that your experience could tell if they are good or not. They are certainly good enough.

durr3
10-Jun-2016, 15:20
Well ask the lenses; use them as the wise Mr. Dan Fromm states. Both are very good. It is unlikely that your experience could tell if they are good or not. They are certainly good enough.

Thanks for the vote of confidence .....

Jac@stafford.net
10-Jun-2016, 15:23
Thanks for the vote of confidence .....

You can bet that it is a vote of confidence backed by experience. It is impossible for your photos to fail because of either lens.

Jody_S
11-Jun-2016, 21:23
Assuming you have good copies, those are 2 of the best modern lenses in those focal lengths.

Vaughn
12-Jun-2016, 10:42
Both will serve you well. The only problem you will have is that when other good lenses come by of those focal lengths, you won't have an excuse to buy them. Unless you have GAS, then one can make up all sorts of reasons to buy another ("But the shutter might fail...")

Those focal lengths are what I use with the 4x5 (backpacking, just the 150mm). I have an older Fuji W 180mm, but I got that for the 5x7. I have found via discussions here, that the spread of one's lenses focal lengths is quite a personal choice!