PDA

View Full Version : Source for Cable release mounting post / bracket on Copal 1 shutter

Morten
9-Jun-2016, 13:03
Hi,

I just discovered that the threads in the mounting the cable release on one of my lenses was damaged. Given that that this is just mounted with two smal screws it should be easy to replace IF I'm able to get hold of the part..

Any clues on where it might be sourced? Or perhaps possible workarounds..

Best Regards
Morten

Jac@stafford.net
9-Jun-2016, 13:16
There were two on the big auction site a few days ago.

Morten
9-Jun-2016, 14:13
There were two on the big auction site a few days ago.

Thanks! Found them!.. However seems to be a bit on the expensive side, lets wait and see.

Jac@stafford.net
9-Jun-2016, 14:38
Thanks! Found them!.. However seems to be a bit on the expensive side, lets wait and see.

I hope they include the screws. That bit drives me crazy! :)

With little confidence I am working on an alternative that uses a 90° angle release fastened to the shutter which depresses the lever. I will post if it really works properly.

Richard Wasserman
9-Jun-2016, 14:52
I had the same problem and used red Loctite to attach a cable release extension to the damaged socket. It's been good for about 5 years so far.

Jac@stafford.net
9-Jun-2016, 14:55
I had the same problem and used red Loctite to attach a cable release extension to the damaged socket. It's been good for about 5 years so far.

++10

Richard Wasserman
9-Jun-2016, 15:32
Jac, please I'm blushing. This idea doesn't rate more than a +3

Mark Sampson
9-Jun-2016, 19:17
SK Grimes will sell you Copal shutter parts.

Jac@stafford.net
9-Jun-2016, 19:54
I found a solution for my missing cable release mount - a finger tab intended to be stuck on a Leica lens. I will simply cement a right-angle cable release extension to it.

Morten
10-Jun-2016, 01:00
Thanks for all good advice!
I'm currently suspecting the cable release cable, the one I had with me on the hike has very short threads. Tested with one of my other cable releaes and it was OK. However will follow up with the loctite idea!