PDA

View Full Version : 13X19 Photo display

Dale Keith
9-Apr-2005, 05:55
Hello,
I am an struggling photographer and have just sold 50 13X19 prints to a customer. They have been printed on Epson archival paper on an Epson 2200 printer. I need to prepare them for display. The customer wants 13X19 plexiglass wall boxes or thin brushed aluminum frames . Do you have any suggestions on ways and supplies for this presentation?
I would like to know how to mount in the box or frame, how to back, and where to purchase the plexi boxes or frames. I am aware of the acid free concepts and the problems with ultra violet with the plexi glass frames. Any help would be appreciated. By the way the business is fully air-conditioned.
Thank You,
Dale Keith
305 595 7841
Miami, Florida

Gem Singer
9-Apr-2005, 06:54
Hi Dale,

Check with American Frame (www.americanframe.com). They sell Nielson frames and UV Plexiglas at very reasonable prices. Their service is excellent.

Ted Harris
9-Apr-2005, 06:57
Dale,

If you check the archives of this Forum searching on frames or archival mats, etc. you will find several threads on archival materials. However, I do not believe you will find much in the way of materials precut or premade in 13x19. Any of the frame shops that you can easily find on the web will have thin metal frames in a variety of styles that you can assemble. They should cost you in the range of $10 - 14 each in quantity. Many of them will also cut uthe plexiglas for you or you can have a local glass shop do it for you.

I cut a lot of my own karger frames but when I am working in quantity, especially with smaller frames, I use a company called Tara Frames (http://www.tarapf.com/). AFAIK they do not sell metal frames but they have a great variety of wood frames at prices that are often cheaper than I can chop them myself. They do not sell to the public but respond very quickly whne you apply to open an account.

Good luck.

Bruce Watson
9-Apr-2005, 07:20
I like the Library of Congress method. (http://www.loc.gov/preserv/care/mat.html) It's hard to argue with that much research.

Dale Keith
9-Apr-2005, 10:18
Thanks to all. I am starting to review your suggestions. Thank You again

paul stimac
9-Apr-2005, 20:51
I haven't found better prices than this place:
http://www.frameusa.com

Good luck.

Percy
10-Apr-2005, 03:58
You might try Utrecht artists' supply store. They have a website, Utrecht.com, I think. They sell Nielsen frame kits. I suggest buying glass at a hardware store, as it will be substantially cheaper than buying from a frame shop or art supply store.

QT Luong
10-Apr-2005, 17:51
Light impressions has precut 12x18 mats, in case you printed with a margin on your Epson. BTW, a sale of 50 prints is not
too bad for a "struggling photographer" !

Steve Langham
10-Apr-2005, 22:57
Cantact denny Whoolaghan at American Matte and frame he can help.
www.americanmat.com 408.778-1150

Mike_5784
16-Aug-2005, 19:48
For 13x19, 8x12, 10x15, 12x18, and other photo size picture frames you might try Frame Destination, Inc. (http://www.framedestination.com) They also sell clear bags and mounting supplies.

summer852
1-May-2008, 09:32
Hello,
I am an struggling photographer and have just sold 50 13X19 prints to a customer. They have been printed on Epson archival paper on an Epson 2200 printer. I need to prepare them for display. The customer wants 13X19 plexiglass wall boxes or thin brushed aluminum frames . Do you have any suggestions on ways and supplies for this presentation?
I would like to know how to mount in the box or frame, how to back, and where to purchase the plexi boxes or frames. I am aware of the acid free concepts and the problems with ultra violet with the plexi glass frames. Any help would be appreciated. By the way the business is fully air-conditioned.
Thank You,
Dale Keith
305 595 7841
Miami, Florida

Check out www.Myframestore.com
thats what I do when my customers want odd size frames.:) :p

mrladewig
1-May-2008, 09:50
When I print a 13X19 or 12X18, I usually frame into an 18X24 frame with a window mat. The importance of a window mat is to keep the print from coming in contact with the glazing. The print can stick to the glazing over time.

But otherwise I think you've got a pretty good range of choices.