PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on INKA ICL-45 deluxe wanted

Theodoros
24-May-2016, 13:36
I'm very attracted by the specifications of this camera but haven't used one yet... I am particularly interested on how responsive and accurate the focusing is with respect to Sinar P2... Is it good enough as to be used with an MF digital back? Any other feedback for this camera is welcomed... I know it is not a major selling camera and that it is compatible with Sinar P2 accessories, but nothing more about it. Thanks.

Cor
25-May-2016, 04:57
Hi Theodoros,

I have a INKA, no idea if it is a ICL-45 deluxe. It's indeed a dutch Sinar clone (and beeing dutch I liked that part..;-)..), and I am quite happy with it for the purpose I bought it (still life and portrait) and the price I paid. That said it weights a ton, is far from elegant. I have little experience with Sinar P (touched it once), but I recall that it was much more refined. The INKA has all movements geared which is nice, but you have to lock down each knob, and I believe on a P that is not needed. Can't really answer you questions but my guess is that the Sinar is more accurate. A Sinar is certainly more versatile, the INKA is compatible with Sinar lens boards, bellows, backs but not the rails (and maybe more..).

good luck,

Cor

Theodoros
25-May-2016, 05:17
Is it L-type the INKA that you have, or is it the older monorail (that is not L-type)?

Cor
25-May-2016, 05:32
Hi Theodoros,

I was searching for images of my INKA, and found an old thread of mine, completely forgot :o..

Anyway here it is:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?101126-quot-Het-Zwarte-Monster-quot-aka-INKA-Monorail-anybody-knows-more-about-it

Best,

Cor

BTW were did you find info on INKA, I could find just little pieces of information..

Is it L-type the INKA that you have, or is it the older monorail (that is not L-type)?

Theodoros
25-May-2016, 07:46
Hi Theodoros,

I was searching for images of my INKA, and found an old thread of mine, completely forgot :o..

Anyway here it is:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?101126-quot-Het-Zwarte-Monster-quot-aka-INKA-Monorail-anybody-knows-more-about-it

Best,

Cor

BTW were did you find info on INKA, I could find just little pieces of information..

Nothing to do with the ICL-45 I'm afraid... So, not relevant! Thanks for getting into the trouble as to reply anyway... I'm afraid INKAs never had much market appreciation although the ICL-45 seems to be specified up with the top of todays offerings! ...I guess I'll have to wait until the weekend and meet it my self... Never the less if one has experience with it he is still welcomed as to share it.

Cor
25-May-2016, 08:02
Well this link (http://www.ebay.de/itm/Inka-ICL-45-2-Lenses-and-Extras-Compatible-with-Sinar-/200941348856?nma=true&si=gzFFU2h7bWVzANf94rdQOZaEqpM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557) (scroll down) shows a ICL-45 which is AFAIK identical (have the camera elsewhere) to mine..

But seeing and handling is indeed proof of the pudding !

Nothing to do with the ICL-45 I'm afraid... So, not relevant! Thanks for getting into the trouble as to reply anyway... I'm afraid INKAs never had much market appreciation although the ICL-45 seems to be specified up with the top of todays offerings! ...I guess I'll have to wait until the weekend and meet it my self... Never the less if one has experience with it he is still welcomed as to share it.

Theodoros
26-May-2016, 03:21
Hi Cor,

Yes, it is the same camera, it only seems that the deluxe version is later one with some minor refinements... Could you please check on the scale of it how much displacement the focusing knob causes for a full 360degs turn? It will be very helpful for me as I can then compare directly with the P2. It looks like being rock solid, is it?

Cor
27-May-2016, 10:01
Hi Theodorus,

I checked it and a 360deg turn with the focusing knob makes the standard travel 40mm..mine is labelled AT but is almost exactly the same as the images in the Ebay link, and yes it is rock solid,

Best,

Cor

Theodoros
27-May-2016, 14:33
Thanks again for the input... I'll check it myself if there's any difference with the later Deluxe version during the weekend... Obviously 40mm is too long than what would be required for a camera to cope well with digital sensors... Thanks a lot for the input!