PDA

View Full Version : Pedro E. Guerrero on PBS

Bill_1856
21-May-2016, 08:13
My local PBS station has been running a 30 minute program about the Mexican-American photographer, who superbly documented the work of Frank L. Wright and Alexander Calder.
Apparently one of the greatest photographers whom I'd never heard of.

Old_Dick
21-May-2016, 12:07
WGBH ran a hour long segment last fall. It was one of "American Masters"

Kirk Gittings
21-May-2016, 12:46
I had the honor of giving a talk, along with the director, on PG just prior to the premier in Santa Fe. As a student of the history of AP I am well aware of his contributions, but I know his name is new to many people. I consider him a huge influential figure in AP. PG's interpretations of FLW's designs ushered in a modernist photographic aesthetic for architectural photographers interpreting modern architecture. If that makes any sense.

Bill_1856
21-May-2016, 13:13
PG's interpretations of FLW's designs ushered in a modernist photographic aesthetic for architectural photographers interpreting modern architecture.

Exactly! As someone narrating the documentary commented, In times to come, it will be his photographs, not the actual articles, which will identify them.
Sorry I missed that American Masters (or at least I think that I did -- my memory often failing with age.)

Doug Howk
21-May-2016, 13:34
The documentary is available on DVD from PBS - "Pedro E. Guerrero: a photographer's journey"