PDA

View Full Version : The FREE Oregon Coast Workshop...

Per Volquartz
6-Apr-2005, 10:20
May 23 - May 27, 2005

Mark your calendar!

More info available soon!

volquartz@volquartz.com

http://www.volquartz.com/pervolquartz

Paul Butzi
6-Apr-2005, 13:53
The Oregon coast is a big place.

Astoria, at the north end, is a mere 3.5 hour drive for me.

Brookings, at the south end, is 10.5 hours.

Could you pin down the locale a bit more than a stretch 350 miles long?

Per Volquartz
6-Apr-2005, 14:46
We meet in Portland. Go to the coast and work our way down to the California border through the week. We may extend the workshop over Memorial Day weekend, staying in the redwoods on the coast?

Danny Burk
6-Apr-2005, 14:50
I'll probably run into your group...that part of my PNW trip schedule corresponds exactly with your dates, and runs through the weekend in Redwood NP :) I'll stop and say hello if I see a group of LF photographers!

Regards,
Danny www.dannyburk.com

Mark Carstens
6-Apr-2005, 17:56
Can't wait, Per! The Redwoods--Jed Smith or even Prairie Creek--would be a great way to finish the trip!

Matt Wensing
6-Apr-2005, 19:47
Unbelievable! Up until yesterday I was trying to figure out how to spend that very week in the Pacific Northwest (specifically British Columbia and Oregon). Unfortunately, I believe we've ultimately decided to spend the weekend in BC and then head out on Monday. If that's the case, I'll wave toward the coastline on my flight out, and I'll be back in my cubicle when you're gawking at the Redwoods.

John Layton
6-Apr-2005, 20:20
Hope I can make this one! Utah last November was fantastic - and I look forward to this one as well! I've got a booth at the View Camera trade show in Massachusetts on the 22-23, but might be able to fly west for the following week. And I'll be sure to bring "the camera!"

abel
6-Apr-2005, 21:13
I look forward to another exciting time

Abel

John Berry ( Roadkill )
7-Apr-2005, 02:20
Per, I just checked out your site and was blown away by your work. THAT'S the kind of printing I am aspiring to. If I can work it in, I will be there. I just signed up for Sandy Kings carbon printing class, so I have to see if I have any mad money left after that allocation. Thanks, John

matthew blais
7-Apr-2005, 08:58
I've been to two of Per's get togethers and have come away with insight each time. As a newbie to LF last year, it was of excellent value to me. I also attended a small informal one-day darkroom workshop of Per's and since I am in the process of building a DR and have not printed in nearly 25 years, it completely took away the "intimidation" factor I have had in regards to FB printing, toning, etc. He made it look easy.

The main thing is it's just plain fun. Getting together with a bunch of photogs to just hang, shoot and discuss our passion is, like the Master card commmercial says-"priceless".

Hope to see some of you there.

Matt Wensing
7-Apr-2005, 11:36
Last night I posted that I probably wouldn't make it. Now I am thinking that my family vacation plans are going to get re-arranged so I can hang out for at least 2 or 3 days with you all along the coast.

I was also blown away by the images on Per's site. The way those photographs drawn me in is powerful. Awesome.

Jim Ewins
7-Apr-2005, 23:32
I enjoyed meeting Per and friends at Joshua Tree and making images I'd never considered without Per's suggestions. Yes, I'll plan on coming.

Matt Wensing
8-Apr-2005, 21:19
I believe I'm going to make it after all. How exciting! Can't wait!

Per, what spots do you have in mind? I am quite familiar with Oregon but didn't start shooting LF until after I had done most of my exploring (though I shot plenty of point-and-shoot digital at the time). Cannon Beach and Yachats are my favorites . . .

ronald lamarsh
11-Apr-2005, 09:47
I've put in for the vacation time and got permission from my wife(the hardest part) so I'm ready to go. Have sent you an e-mail. Anybody from the Seattle area going, besides me?