PDA

View Full Version : silver plated print

olive92
15-May-2016, 09:26
Hi,

is anyone knows the technique of plated silver print using bleaching the print and toning with hydroxylamine sulfate ?

This link describes the few informations i've read: http://www.alternativephotography.com/wp/processes/gelatin-silver/silver-plating

Olivier

Cor
18-May-2016, 05:30
What is the question ? Does it work: yes, I tried it, many, many years ago..it's nice to work with, but more for the novelty, the effect is so out spoken that it is not widely applicable. it works on some images.. Try to get hold of Judy;s original publication (Seigel, Judy. The World Journal of Post-Factory Photography. Issue #3. New York: Post Factory Press, 1999.)..I seem to recall there were some special tricks regarding processing..

good luck,

Cor

Jim Noel
18-May-2016, 08:16
What is the question ? Does it work: yes, I tried it, many, many years ago..it's nice to work with, but more for the novelty, the effect is so out spoken that it is not widely applicable. it works on some images.. Try to get hold of Judy;s original publication (Seigel, Judy. The World Journal of Post-Factory Photography. Issue #3. New York: Post Factory Press, 1999.)..I seem to recall there were some special tricks regarding processing..

good luck,

Cor

Yes, it does work. It is too bad that publication of the "Journal" ceased. There was a lot of up to date useful information in each edition.

olive92
21-May-2016, 10:48
Hi,

thank you for you help.

I've tried the formula found at the previous link on a Van Dyke print bleached with potassium ferricyanide and potassium bromide but it doesn't work. I obtain a print that seems equal to the original van dyke print without mirror / shiny effect...

I suppose it needs modern photographic paper or RC paper to work.

Olivier

olive92
22-May-2016, 09:27
Hi !

thistime that's better i've used sodium chloride and not potassium bromide in my bleaching bath and now i obtain the gray silvery appearence.

Olivier