PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid MP3-lensboard-size

europanorama
11-May-2016, 14:47
Will get a presumably Polaroid MP3 copycam. only camera-part.
Elsewhere i have read that its lensboard is slightly smaller than linhof.
I only have a beseler-lensboard here which is 102 x102 x3mm.
Whats the size of the MP3-lens-board?

Dan Fromm
11-May-2016, 16:31
You really should learn to find things for yourself. When you receive whatever it is that bought you'll be able to measure.

You're out of luck, the MP-3 board is 3.25" square. Some mentions of it say that it is wooden, in which case you should be able to make one yourself.

Tin Can
11-May-2016, 16:31
Funny, that's almost all I have left of a MP3. I kept the lens board with helical, baseboard and lights. The rest I gave away to somebody who wanted it.

I need to remember where the lensboard is.

May take a while...

Meantime go here (http://www.glennview.com/copy.htm) and page down to 'Polaroid MP3L column'.

I copied my friend Mr Glennview's design and used my MP3 for a while as DSLR copy stand.

Now I have moved up to a way bigger rig for larger artwork.

europanorama
11-May-2016, 19:05
You really should learn to find things for yourself. When you receive whatever it is that bought you'll be able to measure.

You're out of luck, the MP-3 board is 3.25" square. Some mentions of it say that it is wooden, in which case you should be able to make one yourself.
would i really ask when having the cam infront of me? thanks just have found something on ebay. 82.55 square. yes i was already on glennview-not the first time. he has interesting custom-made tools. also for MP4 to hold backs. i have MP4. had the use of the camera-part for tripod-use in mind. but its a monster with its sliding-system. a lot had to be invested. general unit and tripod-adapter.