PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Phuket!

Islandor
2-May-2016, 07:48
Hi,

Have been collecting cameras as a retirement hobby now that I have the time to enjoy them, and until recently it was primarily with medium format, Rolleiflex & Hasselblad mostly, with some Leica & Zeiss 35mm on the side. Have purchased a couple of large format cameras recently and it seems like I have found 'the' place to start learning more about them... HERE! Have not even bought film for them yet but will be soon, in the meantime I'll be studying up here on this site to try to get a handle on things.

Looking forward to discussing things LF here and learning as I go.

Thanks,

Bob B.

goamules
2-May-2016, 11:15
Welcome. My ship pulled in there in 1987, we really liked Phuket. We have a member here that lives in Thailand, he'll probably check in.

Andrew O'Neill
2-May-2016, 14:12
Welcome!

Old_Dick
2-May-2016, 17:21
Welcome from New Hampshire.

Tim Meisburger
2-May-2016, 17:26
Welcome from Bangkok! If you need film, try Pro Color Lab for 4x5 and 8x10.

Islandor
2-May-2016, 18:12
Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Yes Garrett, it was great in Phuket back then, the 'early' days... getting a bit crowded these days but still OK, for now.

Thanks Tim, Pro Color Lab and IQ Lab are where I found medium format film so good to hear that the may stock 4x5 as well.

LabRat
3-May-2016, 06:54
Welcome, have fun here!!!!

Sorry, but at first glance, I thought the title was a joke, like a naughty poem that starts with "There once was a girl from Nantucket"... Never mind!!!

Steve K

Islandor
6-May-2016, 22:43
Welcome, have fun here!!!!

Sorry, but at first glance, I thought the title was a joke, like a naughty poem that starts with "There once was a girl from Nantucket"... Never mind!!!

Steve K

It is a common problem with the name, gets abused regularly :-)

Sirius Glass
8-May-2016, 15:54
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum