PDA

View Full Version : Ilford ULF sheet film special order period for 2016 now open

Bill_1856
31-Mar-2016, 21:02
http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/20163291435591962.pdf

Tin Can
31-Mar-2016, 21:14
Cool and I don't think Central Camera Chicago has ever before been on the list!

Go Don!

Oren Grad
31-Mar-2016, 21:28
Great to see that the new owners are continuing the program!

AuditorOne
2-Apr-2016, 22:26
Already been in touch with Blue Moon Camera for my annual whole plate and 11x14 order. If it weren't for Ilford's annual program shooting these cameras would get a lot harder.

George W.
11-Apr-2016, 01:57
hello,
does anyone have a pricelist in EUR/USD?
the pdf document just shows order numbers :-(
thanks

Lachlan 717
11-Apr-2016, 04:46
hello,
does anyone have a pricelist in EUR/USD?
the pdf document just shows order numbers :-(
thanks

It's up to the retailer.

RJ-
22-Apr-2016, 12:13
I wonder if any European retailers taken part in the programme without requiring minimum quantities of 25 boxes per ULF format.

Tin Can
22-Apr-2016, 12:28
I wonder why there are only 5 metric sheet film offerings?

Not that I need different sizing, but inch sizing completely dominates the Ilford ULF offer.

Considering the EU market and worldwide is metric...

Willie
22-Apr-2016, 16:30
No option for 8x10 Delta 400. Too bad. Really nice film in this size.

MartinP
22-Apr-2016, 18:31
I wonder why there are only 5 metric sheet film offerings?

Not that I need different sizing, but inch sizing completely dominates the Ilford ULF offer.

Considering the EU market and worldwide is metric...

It is quite a few decades since metric cameras have out-sold inch ones, even in Europe! Admittedly my 'big' enlarger is for 10x15cm, but it gets used for 4x5" (well, and some roll film if I want big prints). The two biggest markets for ULF film are probably North America and Europe, so imperial and american sizes are naturally most requested - I'm just guessing of course.

Oren Grad
22-Apr-2016, 22:14
No option for 8x10 Delta 400. Too bad. Really nice film in this size.

Although the original 400 Delta emulsion was offered in sheet film formats, the current Delta 400 Pro emulsion has never been offered in sheet film formats on polyester base, only in roll film formats on acetate base.

The sheet film offerings in this program are limited to special-size cuts of films that are already offered in standard sheet film formats - in other words, they are just different sizes cut from master rolls that are already being produced.

Oren Grad
22-Apr-2016, 22:23
I wonder if any European retailers taken part in the programme without requiring minimum quantities of 25 boxes per ULF format.

The main purpose of this program is to enable consumers to place small-quantity orders for these special sizes. For those who can meet large minimum order quantities on their own there's no need to wait for this special order period - it should generally be possible to get Harman to cut the film at any time with a reasonable turnaround, other than during their summer production break.

peter schrager
23-Apr-2016, 00:34
Ore what might that be??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oren Grad
23-Apr-2016, 09:31
Ore what might that be??

What might what be? Not sure exactly what you're asking.

peter schrager
24-Apr-2016, 02:04
Minimum order?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oren Grad
24-Apr-2016, 10:42
You'd have to contact Harman, perhaps through a dealer, to get a specific quote. It may vary with emulsion and size. But my very strong impression from following dealer offers in recent years is that while Kodak Alaris requires a minimum of well over $10,000, Harman will do an order in the low thousands.

I will ask Harman if they have a general policy statement on this that they are willing to share here.

tgtaylor
22-May-2016, 19:15
A heads-up to SF Bay users:

I got a good price on a 100 sheet box of 5x7 Delta 100 from Celac at K&S in Palo Alto yesterday. Even with the sales tax it was several dollars less than the lowest asking price from other vendors without the shipping.

Thomas

chris_4622
10-Oct-2016, 12:22
Has anyone received their film order yet? I contacted Jeff at Badger but haven't heard back from him.

RJ-
10-Oct-2016, 14:33
The main purpose of this program is to enable consumers to place small-quantity orders for these special sizes. For those who can meet large minimum order quantities on their own there's no need to wait for this special order period - it should generally be possible to get Harman to cut the film at any time with a reasonable turnaround, other than during their summer production break.

Thanks for the clarification Oren. This is what I had understood of Ilford's ULF annual programme.

The retailers whom I approached in the United Kingdom, insisted on a minimum of 25 boxes and informed that I was the only person tragic enough to express interest in whole plate film here. I thought there were enough here to write a tragedy :)

The solution which worked for me over many years since the programme commenced led me to import from a Canadian & USA retailer who sold several packs since the no minimum order requirements apply stateside. This will end now.

I've imaged far less in recent years and been able to survive on import. Now I see the situation in the United Kingdom has finally reached some kind of parity with the USA (as strange as this might seem):

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

This situation never existed before where whole plate film was available off the virtual shelf in the UK ~ !

Kind regards,

RJ

tgtaylor
10-Oct-2016, 14:57
I received the single box of 5x7 Delta 100 mentioned above at the end of September.with a expiration date of April, 2019. My total cost was $171. It's in the fridge for when I finish the last box of FP4+ that I'm working on now. I wonder if the 100 sheet box is divided into 25 or 50 sheet packs?

Thomas

Grumium
10-Oct-2016, 23:02
I received my order in late September. I am located in Europe though.

In case you need fresh FP4+ in 4x10, leave me a message via PM.

karl french
11-Oct-2016, 07:12
Still waiting on my 8x20 FP4+.

tgtaylor
11-Oct-2016, 09:59
Karl,

Who did you order from? Have them check with the distributor - "winnit" or something like that and you will know when to expect it. When I heard that K&S would be going out of business (the salesman said they wouldn't be accepting deliveries in October), Celac, with whom I placed the order called them. They told him that there were only 5 orders nationwide, including mine, for Delta 100 but I should receive it by the end of the month or early October.

Thomas

Oren Grad
11-Oct-2016, 10:05
Who did you order from? Have them check with the distributor - "winnit" or something like that...

Wynit:

http://www.wynit.com/

IanG
11-Oct-2016, 10:52
In the past simon Galley indicatesd that the North American ULF film shipped by container along with other Ilford/Harman materials, and I know from experience that can add two to 3 weeks and there can be customs hold ups.

Ian

chris_4622
14-Oct-2016, 12:22
Today I received a notice my order has been shipped.

Tin Can
14-Oct-2016, 14:28
B&H has been back ordered on 11x14 HP5 for at least 10 days and probably won't ship me any until the end of the month, as they close next week for 10 days.

Perhaps Ilford is selling more sheet film than we think?

Maybe they can't keep up?

Anybody know anything about sheet film sales numbers?

Oren Grad
19-Oct-2016, 10:42
Just received my order, by way of Badger Graphic.