PDA

View Full Version : Linhof serial number location...

Shootar401
31-Mar-2016, 08:18
I'm in the middle updating my insurance docs and was jotting down the serial numbers of all my photo equipment. But....

I cannot find the serial numbers, if they exist on my Linhof viewfinder (the current black one), my 3D micro geared head or the anotomical grip.

I'm assuming since these are high dollar itmes that Linhof would have stamped a S/N on them somewhere, but where?

Bob Salomon
31-Mar-2016, 08:39
No serial numbers on them.

Shootar401
31-Mar-2016, 08:45
Really Bob? That seems kind of odd considering the head alone set me back $1,800 I cant imagine Linhof not assigning them a serial number. But either way thanks for the info.

I guess I'm off to find a place that will do some laser engraving.

Bob Salomon
31-Mar-2016, 09:39
Really Bob? That seems kind of odd considering the head alone set me back $1,800 I cant imagine Linhof not assigning them a serial number. But either way thanks for the info.

I guess I'm off to find a place that will do some laser engraving.

Photograph them. There are two different versions of the 3D head, one accepts Arca compatible plates and the other accepts Linhof Quick Fix plates. There are also two different versions of the grip. Left hand with connecting plate and cable release and strap and fight grip without a plate, cable release or strap.
Photos will make it much easier to prove you have them and exactly what you have.