PDA

View Full Version : Formulary TFX-2

Bobby Sandstrom
25-Mar-2005, 10:54
Anybody use Photographers Formulary TFX-2 and can you describe it's characteristics?

Thanks

Jim Ewins
25-Mar-2005, 18:17
The Formulary catalog id's TFX-2 as High Defination Developer. the details are lengthly. Suggest you check their web site photoformulary.com or email formulary@blackfoot.net or 800 922 5255. They'll give you the scoop.

Jim_3565
25-Mar-2005, 19:38
It's been quite a few years since I used TFX-2, but I remember liking it very much. It contains glycin, which seems to impart a uniquely smooth, glowing aspect to prints made from these negatives which I just love. It's very soft working, to the point of being what I'd call inherently compensating, but renders good local contrast all the way up and down the scale. Try it with 400TMax. I'll bet you'll like it.

Jeffrey Dionesotes
26-Mar-2005, 11:19
I love this stuff. I've only used it with Delta 100 @ ISO 160, and with less than continuous agitation (though not with stand development, which is mentioned in the literature, but cautioned against by a Formulary guy over the phone). Everything prints beautifully, which I also attribute to the glycin.

Bobby Sandstrom
27-Mar-2005, 08:30
Thanks Everyone. I'll post my findings after I've spent a little time with the developer.