PDA

View Full Version : best lenses 150 mm

stefano_4565
23-Mar-2005, 08:03
What is the best 150 mm aim from enlargement?

Donald Hutton
23-Mar-2005, 08:09
I'm presuming you are referring to enalrging lenses?..

In my experience - 150mm APO componon for anything up to about 15X enlargements. Another great feature of this lens is that it seems to hit it's sweet spot a good stop earlier than most others so you don't get into extremely long exposure times for big prints. For very big enlargements (15X and up) the Rodenstock Rodagon G is reputed to be better than anything else. That said, the Schneider Componon-S, Rodagon and El-Nikkor are all extremely good. Unless you have a meticulously set-up enlarger and pretty much perfect negative, you will never tell the difference.

Gem Singer
23-Mar-2005, 08:39
Dollar-for-dollar, it would be hard to beat the 150 f5.6 El-Nikkor. Many good deals on previously owned ones out there in the various used market places.

J. P. Mose
23-Mar-2005, 09:49
Since you said "best", I would vote for either a APO Componon or APO Rodagon. As Don stated, big enlargements would be best handled by the Rodagon G. I would be happy with any of the current offerings such as Componon-S, Rodagon, El-Nikkor, etc. I would worry the most about accurate alignment and film flatness. Like Eugene stated, there are a lot of good deals on used lenses and many are mint.

neil poulsen
25-Mar-2005, 02:07
How about the Apo El Nikkor lenses. Chris Burkett indicated that these are the finest enlarging lenses one can find. I believe I have stated the lens name correctly. They go for top dollar on EBay.