PDA

View Full Version : Photo chemicals

Robert Gabriel
9-Sep-1999, 20:22
Is there a proper way to dispose the chemicals going down the drain? Does anyon e care? I don't want to be labeled as an environmental polluter.

Thanks in advance, Robert

Doremus Scudder
10-Sep-1999, 05:18
Hi. Check out the Kodak website and look for Publication J300. You can downlo ad it in PDF format for reading/printing (sorry I don't have the address handy) . Also look at the terragreen website for more tips, especially if you have a se ptic system or are interested in silver recovery. The address is http://www.che rryvalley.com/terragreen Good luck. ;^D)

Raven Garrow
23-Oct-1999, 00:05
I called the Dept. of Environment. They have no problem with b/w developer and stop bath going down the drain. Fixer is illegal, unless you get the silver out. I worked in a photo lab that dumped C-41 and E-6 chemicals. Its not right, but it happens all the time. Me, I just hold on to the fixer till the township I live in comes by annually to pick up toxic waste. I know someone who put the b/w chemistry in jars, and then in the trash, only to sit in a land fill.

Raven Garrow
23-Oct-1999, 00:08
I called the Dept. of Environment. They have no problem with b/w developer and stop bath going down the drain. Fixer is illegal, unless you get the silver out. I worked in a photo lab that dumped C-41 and E-6 chemicals. Its not right, but it happens all the time. Me, I dump the devp. and stop bath, just hold on to the fixer till the township I live in comes by annually to pick up toxic waste. I know someone who put the b/w chemistry in jars, and then in the trash, only to sit in a land fill. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated,