PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 'roid holder, need a refreasher course

ericmaquiling
12-Mar-2016, 08:11
Okay, maybe its been a while. I mean, a LONG time. I still have 1 box of Type 55 and maybe 8 or so sheets in another one.

I completely forgot how to remove the sheet, without processing it. I want to shoot, and take the sheet home, and peel and put in fixer.

Can someone give me a refresher steps? Man, I used to do this automatically and forgot how to do it.

BrianShaw
12-Mar-2016, 08:30
With the dark slide fully in the holder, remove holder from camera. Check that holder is in the Load position - rollers open. Press and HOLD the small silver-colored lever and carefully remove the film package.

Peter Mounier
12-Mar-2016, 08:32
Raise the lever to the "L" position. Push and hold the tab in while pulling the unprocessed sheet out. There is an "R" right next to the tab, which presumably stands for "remove".

Redundant. Brian and I must've been posted at the same time.

BrianShaw
12-Mar-2016, 08:34
P.S. It is highly debatable if Earth and California should be mentioned in the same location description!!! :o

ericmaquiling
13-Mar-2016, 09:08
P.S. It is highly debatable if Earth and California should be mentioned in the same location description!!! :o

I've cycled a lot of back roads from north of SF to SD. I'm from Brooklyn. But it's not a bad looking state. :)

Thanks for all the refresher course! I think I remember now.

vdonovan2000
13-Mar-2016, 11:25
The New55 website has a nice video tutorial. The process and equipment are the same for New55 and Type55:
http://www.new55.net/tutorials/

Vaughn
13-Mar-2016, 11:32
(Lever at 'L' and 'R' button pushed) -- When removing the film packet, it is good to lick one's finger (or thumb) and push the film package upwards with your dampened finger placed in the middle of the image area. This will keep the package together as it gets released from the 'keeper' at the end of the holder. if the 'keeper' tends to grab a little, then just pulling from the tabs at the top can cause the package to separate as if you were about to take a photo.

Once you have pushed up the packet a little ways, you can grab it by the tabs low enough not to worry about it separating.