PDA

View Full Version : 450mm Nikkor-M discontinued

Oren Grad
20-Mar-2005, 14:42
While looking up some information on the Nikon Japan site, I noticed that the 450 Nikkor-M has been deleted from the section with information on current LF Nikkors, and has been added to a list of discontinued products. I don't know when this happened.

Paul Droluk
20-Mar-2005, 15:35
At both Photokina and now at the PIE there has been speculation that Nikon will be discontinuing production of all LF lenses. However nobody at Nikon has confirmed (or denied) the speculation. It has been said that as current inventories are sold out the item will be listed as "discontinued".

John Kasaian
20-Mar-2005, 15:35
What a shame. A great mc lens at a realistic price that was available brand spankin' new and would cover anything from 8x10 to 12x20 with lots of wiggle room. I'm glad I've got my copy---it'll probably be some sort of a cult thing before too long.

Michael Kadillak
20-Mar-2005, 16:17
Glad I found a screaming deal on a second one. Hell of a good lens.

Don't know how long Red Dots have been out of production, but you can still find them in a myriad of focal lengths on a regular basis.

Would be willing to bet that given enough demand they would surely consider special runs for them. Maybe someone can provide us with a name and a place where we can let them know that we are mad as hell and we are not going to take this. Anyone?

Cheers!

Danny Burk
20-Mar-2005, 19:56
I noticed a few weeks ago that several Nikkor telephoto lens components, including the 720mm, are marked "discontinued" on Robert White's website.

Regards,
Danny www.dannyburk.com

roger michel
21-Mar-2005, 11:52
i was told at photoplus east about four years ago that nikon had stopped making LF lenses and were just selling down from inventory. i guess the boxes in the warehouse are starting to empty.

frankly i would not be surprised to learn that they hadn't done a production run of any LF lenses in a decade.

how long would it take to sell 1000 450s??

they will be available on ebay. don't worry.

Mark Andes
23-Mar-2005, 14:02
Asked Nikon USA if they were still manufacturing LF lenses. They responded affirmatively and offered to send me a brochure. (Via Email).

Michael Kadillak
23-Mar-2005, 14:13
The question remains as to wheither certain lenses (in this case the 450M) is included in the generic response of Nikon contiuing to make LF lenses. As long as you have a contact there (as per your previous dialog with them) maybe they can chase down the specifics on the 450 M and let you (and us) all know. If it is still in the electronic brochure?

Will not change my outlook a bit, but it will be good information to know for all.

Thanks for the heads up Mark.