PDA

View Full Version : To Annie M

John Berry ( Roadkill )
20-Mar-2005, 05:07
I wish to apologize for the negative feedback on the Walker Evans thread. It was uncalled-for and not in character with what this fourm is suposed to be about. John Berry

Bill_1856
20-Mar-2005, 08:52
Bullfeathers! No one insulted her.

Paddy Quinn
20-Mar-2005, 08:54
you've never really managed to get the bitch out of bmitch have you

Bill_1856
20-Mar-2005, 10:58
Please note that I didn't post my opinion of "non-linear time" until well after Annie had posted her leaving the forum. I was simply answering Alex's query of "what the hell non-linear time" meant. It had nothing to do with Annie. I think that I'm entitled to objections to the use of metaphysical hogwash to describe the content of photographs.

adrian tyler
20-Mar-2005, 11:03
the only good injun is a dead injun, yeeee haaaw cowboy.

Paddy Quinn
20-Mar-2005, 11:05
"Please note that I didn't post my opinion of "non-linear time" until well after Annie had posted her leaving the forum. I was simply answering Alex's query of "what the hell non-linear time" meant. It had nothing to do with Annie. I think that I'm entitled to objections to the use of metaphysical hogwash to describe the content of photographs."

Not true - this was the third post after Annies initial question and was one of two intemperate and generally uncouth posts and led directly to her decision to leave the list:

"Non-linear time" is bull**** pseudo metaphysical babble! A photograph
is a photograph.

--Bill

Mark Sawyer
20-Mar-2005, 11:57
Bill's tone was on the insulting side, but I'm disappointed that's all it took to "chase" someone off the forum, especially after Annie began such a thought-provoking thread. I would much rather she stayed around and argued her position; there were opinions worth hearing on both sides. Too often we retreat from an honest, if harsh, challenge.

domenico Foschi
20-Mar-2005, 14:09
Mark, you cannot just blame the victim: the "dialectic" Alec and Bill had displayed had precluded an intelligent exchange of opinion.
I would not have left the forum completely (and i hope Annie will change her mind), but surely i would have stayed in the background and wait for other , more informed and respectful , posts.

domenico Foschi
20-Mar-2005, 14:10
In other words, Annie doesn't deserve any criticism in this matter.

Annie M.
20-Mar-2005, 14:10
I'm back on the other thread.........

Mark Sawyer
20-Mar-2005, 14:34
Didn't mean it as criticism, Domenico, just disappointed she left. Guess it could easily be read that way; my fault. Hope she's back for a while; we'll see...

Reading her post on the other thread, I think she has something to offer, at least to some of us. I'd love to see her work.