GG12
1-Mar-2016, 05:17
Saw this:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1416567

Rael
1-Mar-2016, 05:22
Saw this:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1416567

Oh god, that lens just sitting on the floor like a doorstop....

jp
1-Mar-2016, 06:00
I've got a stand like that; never seen another one online like it with the fleur-de-lis's atop the leg brackets. Most are more simple castings.

Steven Tribe
1-Mar-2016, 09:40
They are fairly standard studio lenses.

B&L Portrait A with no iris leaves, of course.
Pre-Euryskop series iv (probably) size 5.

Century Camera plus Bipost stand with smaller sliding back matching the lenses.

campy
6-Mar-2016, 18:23
That was my post on FM. The camera is a Century 2 and the lens on it is a Voigtlander & Sohn Wein that dates back to around 1862-1884. The one on the floor is this lens.

Peter De Smidt
6-Mar-2016, 18:58
I've got a stand like that; never seen another one online like it with the fleur-de-lis's atop the leg brackets. Most are more simple castings.

I've got that one, too.

campy
6-Mar-2016, 19:23
I've got that one, too.

Is it any good? I am trying to put a value on it so it can be sold. It belongs to a friend on mine grandfather and she wants to sell all his old equipment.

Peter De Smidt
6-Mar-2016, 19:42
Condition is very important. Does everything work? For instance, does the tilt mechanism of the stand work smoothly? Does the table go up and down easily? Does it lock? Are the bellows usable? Do all of the movements work smoothly and lock down? Are there cracks or holes anywhere? What backs are included? Where are you located? (Shipping can be a big expense.)

These are good, usable studio cameras when they're in good shape, and one has the room for them. Many people don't. A friendly person gave me mine. I spent about $500 getting it in working condition.

With the lenses, especially, all of this can be highly variable. The most important thing with them is the condition of the optics.

Oren Grad
6-Mar-2016, 20:55
Is it any good? I am trying to put a value on it so it can be sold. It belongs to a friend on mine grandfather and she wants to sell all his old equipment.

Please note that, per Forum guidelines, valuation requests are not allowed.

Steven Tribe
7-Mar-2016, 06:08
Dear Campy.

Someone has already replied about value on the FM site and I have made comments there about these valuation. Also that you can sell here in the For Sale section, but requests for valuations here are no longer allowed. As someone has mentioned, value is extremely dependent on optical condition even though the exterior looks OK. Glass faults mean most value is lost.

campy
7-Mar-2016, 09:15
Sorry, if you want to delete my replies that's fine, but I didn't post to get a value I just replied to someone else's post. I am just looking for a reliable place to get some information and some sort of idea and this forum was recommended.