PDA

View Full Version : Will a Jobo 2521 work on a Beseler roller base?

rich815
28-Feb-2016, 18:07
Hello all,

If you look here Darin is selling a Beseler roller base:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=129051

I'm trying to determine if my JOBO 2521 will work on this. It looks iffy. Anyone know? (Rollers on Beseler are 4.5 inches apart, center to center.)

David Lobato
28-Feb-2016, 18:36
It sure looks like it won't. The JOBO drum is at least an inch and a half too short. I use a Beseler just like that and drums tend to slowly drift laterally on the base which makes me to never turn my back on it for more than a few seconds. You'll want an additional inch or two on each end to account for that.

rfesk
28-Feb-2016, 19:00
It will not work as is. I made it work by building a set of idler wheels for the neck to run on. Will try to post a photo in a few days.

Duolab123
28-Feb-2016, 19:21
I use the longer tank. One trick I learned re:stabilization bands that Beseler used to keep their print drums centered. I went to a farm store and there are large narrow ring gaskets that are used to seal old time tractor canister type oil filters. These things work perfectly with my Jobo 25/2800 series tanks. I paid 89 cents a piece for mine.

I have seen very elegant setups with a support as rfesk mentions, this would be your best longterm solution.
I look forward to seeing the idler wheel approach, Mike

rich815
28-Feb-2016, 19:38
Ok looks like it won't work. thanks anyway, everyone.

Duolab123
28-Feb-2016, 22:06
There's a video on YouTube by Peter Staal, "DIY film developer rotation equipment". Shows how to do this ,he uses a set of Jobo white rollers from a processor, to support cap end. Very neat setup he's using an uniroller but same setup would work with Beseler.

Still would take some handiwork.

rich815
29-Feb-2016, 10:44
There's a video on YouTube by Peter Staal, "DIY film developer rotation equipment". Shows how to do this ,he uses a set of Jobo white rollers from a processor, to support cap end. Very neat setup he's using an uniroller but same setup would work with Beseler.

Still would take some handiwork.

I have those rollers! This can work after all! Thanks for the video reference!

rfesk
29-Feb-2016, 19:15
The Video shows an elegant system of using idle rollers. Similar to mine.