PDA

View Full Version : Any use for a Film Pack Adapter today?

Jac@stafford.net
25-Feb-2016, 15:08
Any use for a Film Pack Adapter today?

I have a Busch 4x5" film pack adapter, OEM, in box and while I am slimming the unknowns in storage: Question - is there any use for it today? It appears to be rugged, well built... but... keepable?

Mark Sampson
25-Feb-2016, 16:26
Kodak discontinued the last filmpack, 4x5 Tri-X 320, in about 1992. So there can't be much of it left. Can't imagine what use the adapter would be, although I've kept mine. I miss that film...

Tin Can
25-Feb-2016, 16:44
I think some have used them for wet plate holder.

Also good to mount on camera back to protect a FP shutter.

Tin Can
25-Feb-2016, 16:45
Also picture frame...

Kirk Gittings
25-Feb-2016, 18:28
Look online for a tutorial. They make good wetplate holders-converted a couple myself.

Uncle Jim
4-Mar-2016, 11:55
They can be made into ground glass holders. You would need to shim the glass out the thickness of the old metal film pack, and use something to keep the ground glass in place. This could be very handy for a camera that came with out a ground glass back such as an old Graflex or other old camera.

Keep Well
uncle jim

Michael Cienfuegos
9-Mar-2016, 11:48
I've been toying with the idea of using one to adapt a Fujifilm Instax Wide back to my Graflex SLR.

Valdecus
9-Mar-2016, 15:49
I'll be shooting my last pack of film with an old Graflex back soon. The film is slightly expired, though: it was already bad by the time the first man landed on the moon, Feb 1969. ;)

Cheers
Andrew

IanG
9-Mar-2016, 16:18
On some cameras missing the focus back they can be adapted to make one.

I have quite a few, all useless :D

Ian

Michael Cienfuegos
10-Mar-2016, 10:27
On some cameras missing the focus back they can be adapted to make one.

I have quite a few, all useless :D

Ian

I have three: one Graflex back and two Graphic backs. The InstaxWide option seems to be the more interesting conversion right now, especially i light of Fuji discontinuing all their peel apart film.

IanG
11-Mar-2016, 02:18
I have three: one Graflex back and two Graphic backs. The InstaxWide option seems to be the more interesting conversion right now, especially i light of Fuji discontinuing all their peel apart film.

Only one of the film pack adapters I have is modern that's one for a 5x4 Graflex, all the rest are various odd formats and makes.

I did see an interesting exhibition where old film pack holders were used as photo frames.

Ian