PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Quincy

BombSquadReject
21-Feb-2016, 08:27
Have enjoyed photography since I was 11 starting with 110 format (that should help indicate how old I am). Bought my first 35mm about 1972-73. Dabbled with medium format for a short time. Started collecting cameras (a friend worked for an auction house, he would bring in the cameras that didn't sell so I could buy them). Picked up a couple view cameras over the years and have stored them in the attic ever since. It's time to dust them off, replace the bellows, fix what needs fixin' and start using them. :) I probably won't post much but will be reading/absorbing as much as possible. May even have the occasional dumb question. My user name reflects my warped sense of humor.

Tin Can
21-Feb-2016, 08:53
Welcome.

I remember 110 well, but preferred 126.

I guess there is only one Quincy?

BombSquadReject
21-Feb-2016, 15:04
•Quincy, California
•Quincy, Florida
•Quincy, Illinois
•Quincy, Indiana
•Quincy, Kentucky
•Quincy, Massachusetts
•Quincy, Michigan
•Quincy, Mississippi
•Quincy, Missouri
•Quincy, Ohio
•Quincy, Oregon
•Quincy, Washington
•Quincy, Wisconsin

Sirius Glass
21-Feb-2016, 15:23
Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum

Tin Can
21-Feb-2016, 15:50
•Quincy, California
•Quincy, Florida
•Quincy, Illinois
•Quincy, Indiana
•Quincy, Kentucky
•Quincy, Massachusetts
•Quincy, Michigan
•Quincy, Mississippi
•Quincy, Missouri
•Quincy, Ohio
•Quincy, Oregon
•Quincy, Washington
•Quincy, Wisconsin

That's the Quincy I know, I'm in Chicago, but have traveled Illinois extensively.

John Kasaian
21-Feb-2016, 16:16
Welcome from California. Tell us which makes of view cameras you have in the attic---there are people here who might be able to offer some insight as to what potential issues and fixes you might expect.

BombSquadReject
22-Feb-2016, 04:35
This is similar to mine although not exact: http://www.piercevaubel.com/cam/roc/empimp.htm
Mine has a rail extension that screws to the front, fully extended it's 26" long, 6.5 X 8.5 format. Bellows is really bad and the lens looks to have a crackle finish (best way I know to describe it) on the elements. Don't have any film holders either. Fix it or sell it for parts???

Tim Meisburger
22-Feb-2016, 05:17
That's full plate. Holders are available on ebay, as are bellows, if you decide you want to restore it. Crackle finish on lens sounds bad, but maybe you just need to clean it, If not, as usable lens can be had pretty cheap,

Alan Gales
23-Feb-2016, 14:07
Remember the Kodak 110 cameras with telephoto lenses? They had a crappy piece of plastic that slid over the original crappy lens to bring things up closer. We sold three versions of the Kodak 110 cameras. One plain, one with flash and one with telephoto and flash. When asked which to buy I'd tell them to get the one with flash and take the money they saved by not buying the telephoto and put it in a piggy bank for a later 35mm camera purchase. I started out as a kid with a Polaroid Square Shooter 2. Different camera and film but again, not the greatest image quality. ;)

Welcome to the forum. You are going to love large format!

BombSquadReject
25-Feb-2016, 18:16
So far I've only found the one camera........ Seems to me I might have sold the other one on ebay????? So many boxes, so little time.