PDA

View Full Version : Modern Enlarger Lamps still in business?

mijosc
12-Feb-2016, 08:36
http://www.modernenlargerlamps.com/

I sent a query to Cemil via email a couple days ago and haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone know if he is still manufacturing these lamps?

mijosc
12-Feb-2016, 09:53
Apologies; this probably in the wrong sub-forum. Moderators, please feel free to move this to Darkroom: Equipment.

mijosc
15-Feb-2016, 08:05
Cemil did get back to me. He is still manufacturing his LED heads. I'm looking into getting a Model 2.

Alan Curtis
15-Feb-2016, 12:29
There are several on this forum that that purchased Cemil's LED heads. I have the model 3, which I believe he no longer makes. I'm very pleased with it. I had to make a simple bracket so it would work on my Zone VI enlarger. He was excellent to deal with. Enlarger lamps isn't his day job so sometimes he doesn't respond quickly.

redshift
16-Feb-2016, 05:59
I love my Model 3, a real paper saver. Excellent prints very quickly. Too bad it's no longer available.

There are several on this forum that that purchased Cemil's LED heads. I have the model 3, which I believe he no longer makes. I'm very pleased with it. I had to make a simple bracket so it would work on my Zone VI enlarger. He was excellent to deal with. Enlarger lamps isn't his day job so sometimes he doesn't respond quickly.

mijosc
16-Feb-2016, 06:57
According to my email with Cemil, he will still make the Model 3 as a special order, but is concerned about the reliance on an iOS device, and Apple's updates potentially breaking the app.

I thought about the Model 3, but decided on a Model 2. I intend to have the head for a long time and don't want to rely on technology that may not be around in 10 years. It was a hard decision though, the Model 3 is very cool!

Jac@stafford.net
16-Feb-2016, 08:55
Does anyone know if the Model 1a could be fit to a Leitz Focomat IIa (or c)?

Alan Curtis
16-Feb-2016, 09:19
I had some issues with the app on my iPad after I updated to the latest OS. The app would freeze. So far I've figured a way to make it work properly . But, that could change.

Sal Santamaura
16-Feb-2016, 09:54
According to my email with Cemil, he will still make the Model 3 as a special order, but is concerned about the reliance on an iOS device, and Apple's updates potentially breaking the app...Wow, he didn't figure that out from the start? Not good analysis from someone who appears to be very smart!

A Model 3 with dedicated controller is the way to go. Let's hope he reaches that conclusion and introduces it as a revised product.

Chauncey Walden
16-Feb-2016, 10:04
I had decided on getting a manually controlled head for my Omega E just at the time he stopped making them.