PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Buffs needed!

paul owen
12-Mar-2005, 01:02
A call to the Sinar experts out there! I need a little advice re: compatability between Sinar cameras - am I correct in thinking that I can use (say) any Sinar 5x7 bellows on a Sinar Norma 5x7 or do I need to use Norma accessories on this camera? Thanks.

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
12-Mar-2005, 06:55
You can use a bellow intended for the P or P2. They are compitable with the Norma like
most of accessories.

Armin Seeholzer
12-Mar-2005, 10:55
Hi Paul

As far as I know the only thing wich I heard gives problems is on the 8x10 version. On thad they changed the design of the backframe so the older P and Norma should fit on each other but P 2 has an other frame size and so also the bellows. Bud I heard this only from other pros did not test it by my self.
You can also use Horseman boards on the Sinar they are also compatible! And I use the Horseman Binoviewfinder on my Sinar because it is not so bulky like the Sinars works fine to.

CXC
13-Mar-2005, 10:39
Paul,

I'm very curious as to why Mr. Ebony has apparently taken possession of a Sinar monorail. Does it do something the Ebony won't, or is it just that Ebonies are so pricey in 5x7?

paul owen
13-Mar-2005, 11:18
CXC, it's called damage limitation! I really want to try 5x7 but CANNOT afford to shell out for an Ebony if I don't enjoy this format! So, I happened across a very nice Sinar Norma 5x7 kit on E*ay and thought I'll give 5x7 a try and see what develops :) I'm "putting together" a small outfit and who knows ... I may get on with 5x7 and have to sell my wife and get an Ebony!

CXC
13-Mar-2005, 21:46
Paul, good plan. I prefer 5x7 to 4x5 in every way, except for lack of ReadyLoads. However I am addicted to ReadyLoads, so the 5x7 spends most of its time in the closet...