PDA

View Full Version : Rollei RPX 400 Reciproicty

steveo
15-Jan-2016, 03:28
Any one got any experience with compensation factors for the newer RPX 400 from Rollei (Ilford(?)) for long (>30s) exposures?

Huub
15-Jan-2016, 06:19
I have been using this film over the last couple of months and i am still trying to figure out it's behaviour. One of the things that buggs me with this film is the lack of technical information. I tried working out N-1 and N-2 development times and from the couple of tests i did i showed that the film needs generous exposure, much more then TMY and HP5+ under comparable circumstances. I asked Moersch about more technical data, but haven't received an answer yet.

What i have found until now that it's reciprocity behaviour under N development is more or less like FP4+. I still have to test with the +30 sec exposures, but i would use that as a first guideline.

rich815
15-Jan-2016, 06:23
Is there a specific reason you must use RPX 400 for this? Acros is your go-to film hands down.

steveo
15-Jan-2016, 06:30
I have been using this film over the last couple of months and i am still trying to figure out it's behaviour. One of the things that buggs me with this film is the lack of technical information. I tried working out N-1 and N-2 development times and from the couple of tests i did i showed that the film needs generous exposure, much more then TMY and HP5+ under comparable circumstances. I asked Moersch about more technical data, but haven't received an answer yet.

What i have found until now that it's reciprocity behaviour under N development is more or less like FP4+. I still have to test with the +30 sec exposures, but i would use that as a first guideline.

FP4 is as good a place to start as any, with its massive adjustments I'm unlikely to underexposed any way. Thanks.

Is there a specific reason you must use RPX 400 for this? Acros is your go-to film hands down.

No reason, I've got a box on its way and I do a lot of city night work so I wondered if I could get a two stop jump. Acros is too expensive in sheet form over here so I generally use Delta 100 or drop down to the RB67 with acros (which is much easier).

rich815
15-Jan-2016, 08:42
FP4 is as good a place to start as any, with its massive adjustments I'm unlikely to underexposed any way. Thanks.

No reason, I've got a box on its way and I do a lot of city night work so I wondered if I could get a two stop jump. Acros is too expensive in sheet form over here so I generally use Delta 100 or drop down to the RB67 with acros (which is much easier).

Ah, I see.