PDA

View Full Version : ? how to adapt fresnel lens to a Whole Plate Chamonix view

Greg
12-Jan-2016, 18:06
I have a Whole Plate Chamonix view camera and want to adapt a fresnel lens to it. Acquired an 8x10" fresnel lens that I can cut down to fit the Chamonix. Anyone have any suggestions on how to attach the fresnel lens to the back of the Chamonix?
thanks
Greg

Sal Santamaura
12-Jan-2016, 18:11
I have a Whole Plate Chamonix view camera and want to adapt a fresnel lens to it. Acquired an 8x10" fresnel lens that I can cut down to fit the Chamonix. Anyone have any suggestions on how to attach the fresnel lens to the back of the Chamonix?
thanks
GregUnless Chamonix has changed the ground glass frame design, I know of no way to do that. The recess isn't deep enough. Your best bet is to contact Richard Ritter and have him make you a replacement ground glass frame with a sufficiently deep will for the glass screen plus a fresnel.

I strongly recommend getting a Maxwell fresnel. That's what I use on my whole plate Ebony camera. If you do hire Richard to make a custom frame, he can mill the recess appropriately for placing the fresnel between the glass and lens, thereby protecting it from scratching.