PDA

View Full Version : Rollie Film

Pete Watkins
8-Mar-2005, 14:05
I recently bought a sample box of Rollei R3 5x4 sheet film. It cost me 10UKP for ten sheets, not a cheap investment by my usual standards. I have not had any time to try it yet but the makers claim that it has a variable speed from 25 ASA/ISO to 6,400ASA/ISO. I feel that this claim might just be a bit exagerated, far be it from me to doubt these good people but have any of you on this forum tried the stuff. Would you buy some more, where does it come from and how do these claims stand up? Please don't ask me to use it and report back as I'm in the middle of a developer crisis.

David R Munson
8-Mar-2005, 14:48
Would I buy some more? I won't buy any in the first place. I have a hard enough time trying to justify the cost of film right now as it is. Even if they have somehow created the holy grail of B&W films, at that price I'm content to remain uninitiated. J&C lists it at $150 for 25 sheets. WTF?

Bill_1856
8-Mar-2005, 14:58
It's cheapscates like y'll that are going to kill real film.

Bob Fowler
8-Mar-2005, 15:15
"Would I buy some more? I won't buy any in the first place. I have a hard enough time trying to justify the cost of film right now as it is. Even if they have somehow created the holy grail of B&W films, at that price I'm content to remain uninitiated. J&C lists it at $150 for 25 sheets. WTF?"

Must have been a typo, the J&C site says $74.99 for 50 sheets. Still out of my price range for 4X5 film though...

David R Munson
8-Mar-2005, 15:25
It's cheapscates like y'll that are going to kill real film.

I doubt that. Anyhow, the price I listed was for 8x10 film, as listed on the J&C site. In any case, it is just too expensive to justify, in my opinion.